Customer Service Representative - Full TimeVacancy posted: Monday, 9 January 2017
Job ref. no.: CES-UK
Edinburgh/Glasgow - Full Time Customer Service Representative - ToursByLocals
If you're an experienced customer service dynamo or want to become one, ToursByLocals may be for you.
We were established in 2008, are growing fast and now have over 1,900 guides in 154 countries (and counting!). The Customer Service Representative plays a key role in helping ToursByLocals achieve its mission by connecting travellers with exceptional local guides 24/7, worldwide.
- Provide front-line customer support to travellers through phone, chat and email
- Process customer payments and book tours over the phone with accuracy
- Screen email in accordance with best practices
- Answer general inquiries
- Address customer concerns with empathy and tact
- Cancel bookings in accordance with our policies
- Provide tour options to our customers
This is a full time, salaried position, with a five-day work week, eight-hours per day schedule. We are currently office hours from 8AM to 6PM including weekends. This might change according to the company's needs and you might be required to work in another shift too.
This job will suit applicants who possess the following skills:
- Fluent in the English language both verbal and written
- Neutral English accent preferred.
- Must have proficient computer and Internet skills
- Able to write grammatically correct and succinct email
- Articulate and confident speaking on the telephone
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Capable of making considered and responsible decisions when resolving customer concerns
- Capable of adapting to change
- Enjoy performing a variety of tasks, some of which can be repetitive
Additional 'nice to have' assets:
- Previous call centre experience
- Previous travel industry experience
- Personal travel experience overseas or a strong interest in world travel
- Fluency in a second language
Compensation for this position is a combination of salary plus bonuses. The training will be for 3 weeks in Vancouver, Canada (we will pay flights and accommodation) and 2 months in Glasgow/Edinburgh
Please apply by sending us a cover email and attach your resume as a .PDF file.
We will review your application against the requirements of the position. Due to the large volume of candidates we consider, only those most closely qualified will be contacted directly.
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist