Head Of Operational ComplianceVacancy posted: Wednesday, 7 September 2016
Job ref. no.: PRA0709
Head of Operational Compliance
The Head of Operational Compliance will provide leadership and direction related to regulatory compliance, have a robust understanding of the consumer credit environment and UK regulatory requirements and trends. This role will be responsible for a team of Compliance professionals and will interact frequently with Executive Leadership, providing strategy necessary to maintain regulatory compliance across the UK and wider Europe.
- Manage the External Audit & Control Manager, Quality Control Team Leader, Speech Analytics Manager and 2 Compliance Officers (5 direct reports)
- Provide strategic leadership for the design, plan and execution of the seller commitment testing function
- Assist the Compliance & Risk Director and Group Legal in the maintenance of strong regulatory relationships and communications
- Engage with PRA sellers at senior level when required
- Acquire and maintain current knowledge of applicable regulatory requirements and trends and translating those into Compliance Monitoring standards
- Provide strategic vision for compliance analytics reporting and drive program implementation
- Coach, develop and mentor direct reports
- Communicate department mission and goals broadly across the organisation to build support for compliance programs
- Monitors trends in debt collector compliance, keeping other departments informed and making recommendations to any and all departments as required
- Develops, initiates, maintains, and continually improving the policies and procedures for the Compliance Operations department and related activities to prevent illegal, unethical or improper conduct
- Responds to and manages alleged violation of rules, regulations, policies, procedures by ensuring system for the consistent handling of such violations
- Must have experience of senior leadership/management in a financial services function
- Experience of managing a comparatively sized group
- Strong leadership ability, coupled with superior interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
- Hands on approach, able to deliver independently as well as across a team/business
- Strong strategic/tactical planning and implementation capabilities
- Knowledge and experience with quality control/compliance monitoring concepts, regulatory requirements and applied analytics
- Ability to make numerous independent decisions with confidence
- Ability to make sound decisions under pressure with reasonable foresight as to outcomes
- Must have superior written, verbal and oral communication skills.
About PRA Group
We are a subsidiary of PRA Group, Inc., a financial and business services company, who is a leader in the U.S. consumer debt buying industry and our award winning company continues to be one of the most successful, fast growing debt recovery companies in the UK.
Based in Kilmarnock, we employ more than 250 highly trained people. We distinguish ourselves by our strong focus on customer and client needs, continuous innovation, and a culture of transparency and compliance.
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist