Domestic AssistantVacancy posted: Wednesday, 4 January 2017
Bandrum Nursing Home, one of the biggest homes in Scotland, provides specialist adult care and care for the elderly with 24 hour full time nursing care in our beautiful purpose built home, set in 19 acres of land. With 83 beds over two homes in the same complex we have 7 units providing care for residents with a range of support needs.
At Bandrum, we not only focus on the wellbeing of our residents, we also focus on is the growth and development of our team. We want our staff to feel that they can forge a career with us, growing and increasing their own skillset and becoming part of the Bandrum family. We offer ongoing support with further training and development, both financially and with the time required to commit to studying.
We currently have an opening in our team for a Domestic Assistant working 8.00am until 2.00pm, (alternating between 3 shifts week one and 4 shifts week two). Reporting to the Domestic Supervisor you will be responsible for ensuring all areas of the Home are clean, tidy and presentable at all times in accordance with cleaning schedules.
- Operate vacuum cleaners, carpet shampoo etc safely. Maintains and stores equipment properly. Reports any defects and withdraws faulty equipment from use immediately
- Sweep, scrub floors as appropriate. Clean rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture and curtains. Dust and polish furniture and equipment
- Apply cleaning substances in accordance with instructions, taking all necessary safety precautions. Ensure adequate stocks are available
- Wash woodwork, windows, door panels and sills. Clean toilets, baths, sinks and hand basins
- Keep utility and storage rooms in clean and orderly condition
- Any other reasonable task requested by a supervisor or manager which is within your competence
- Show courtesy and respect to residents at all times to ensure that they enjoy the highest quality of life, respect the confidentiality of residents and their families at all times and involve families and friends in the resident’s care and develop their trust
- Report any observed change in the condition of a resident, any incidence of diarrhoea or vomiting (staff or resident) or any untoward incident in the Home to the Nurse-in-Charge or Care manager without delay.
- Be aware of, and at all times comply with all relevant company policies and procedures and all relevant statutory responsibilities including Fire Arrangements, Health and Safety issues including moving and handling, COSHH regulations, maintaining records diligently and accurately as required
- Greet all visitors, and answer the telephone in a friendly, courteous and efficient manner and promote Bandrum Nursing Home positively at all times in the local community
- Attend and participate in training sessions and staff meetings
- Maintain good working relations with all colleagues at all times
What we are looking for:
To be considered for this position you should have a passion for caring and be ready to wholly adopt a person centred approach; showing compassion and a desire to make a difference. You should be willing to take ownership for the delivery of high quality standards of work and a genuine desire to ensure the home is not only clean and tidy but a homely environment for out residents.
In return we offer a competitive salary and an attractive benefits package including a cash refund healthcare scheme, (which includes up to 4 children) employer contributory pension scheme and free annual uniform. We also offer support for additional training as the development of our team is a key objective at Bandrum.
With head office and management support on-site, you will be given all the support you need to be successful within your role. You will have the opportunity to increase your skill set, providing specialist care to our residents and ensuring continuity of care.
To be considered for this position, please email your CV in the first instance or complete our online application form
A comfortable and welcoming nursing home near Dunfermline, Scotland for specialist care you can count on Choosing nursing care for a loved one can be upsetting and difficult. However, a good nursing home can provide the best possible care for your family member, with access to medical assistance, round the clock care and a huge range of activities to enjoy too. We take the pressure of care off you and allow your family member the chance to gain their own independence too.Company profile View all jobs with Bandrum Nursing Home
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist