Morning CleanerVacancy posted: Tuesday, 20 September 2016
Salary: £8.25 PH
Closing date: 28 September 2016
Title: Patient & Family Support Cleaner
Reporting to: Patient & Family Support Manager
Salary: £8.25 per hour
One part time permanent post, 10 hours per week, 7am – 9 am Mon – Fri.
35 days annual leave pro rata and 5% of salary as pension contribution.
The purpose of this role is to ensure that the highest levels of cleanliness are maintained in the areas within the Beatson West of Scotland Cancer Centre that Patient & Family Support are responsible for including the Wellbeing Centre and the Welcome Desk. All relevant policies and procedures including health and safety, environmental health, infection control and NHS policies must be complied with at all times ensuring consistently high standards are maintained in line with cleaning best practice.
- Thorough, deep clean of the therapy rooms in the Wellbeing Centre every day
- Managing the laundry service provided by the supplier, including stock control, sorting ready for pick up, checking delivery notes and invoices
- Dusting, vacuuming and mopping in all public areas within the Wellbeing Centre
- Cleaning cupboards and worktops in the kitchen area
- Cleaning the Welcome Desk area on level 1
- Regular cleaning throughout the shift of the toilet in the Wellbeing Centre
- Regular schedule of cleaning the wall tiles in all rooms in the Wellbeing Centre
- Cleaning and polishing furniture in the Wellbeing Centre, using steam cleaner when necessary
- Emptying bins making sure waste is disposed of according to policies and procedures
- Watering of plant and flower tubs on outside balconies during summer months
- Setting up a routine cleaning schedule with daily and weekly tasks as well as regular planned deep cleaning on a monthly or annual basis.
- Liaise with suppliers to arrange ad hoc cleaning e.g. outside of windows
- Ordering stock of cleaning supplies and equipment
- To develop the awareness and perception of the charity whilst protecting its reputation.
- Any other duties as may be required by the Patient and Family Support Manager.
- Committed to the vision, mission and ethos of the charity.
- physically fit for moving, lifting and cleaning
- flexible and adaptable
- good organisational skills
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Confident, friendly, and professional with a smart appearance.
- Ability to build strong relationships at all levels.
- Previous cleaning experience
- Flexible working will be required to cover annual leave.
- An innovative and positive attitude.
- A commitment to continuous improvement.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Knowledge and understanding of working within the NHS environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of working with cancer patients.
- Knowledge and experience of working in a charitable environment.
- Understanding of infection control procedures.
This job description may be reviewed and amended in light of changing professional demands. A job description is not a rigid or inflexible document but acts to provide guidelines to the duties expected while in post.
|Contact Name||Amy Simmons|
|Telephone||0141 212 0505|
|Address||The Beatson West of Scotland Cancer Centre
1053 Great Western Road
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist