Cleaning Operations ManagerVacancy posted: Wednesday, 19 October 2016
Salary: circa £25,000
Closing date: 02 November 2016
Sercon Support Services Ltd is a well-established organisation operating within the Facilities Management sector throughout Scotland and the North of England.
We are currently seeking to recruit a highly motivated, dynamic and forward thinking Cleaning Operations Manager to join our existing team. You will need to be a highly effective communicator and relationship builder who recognises the importance of anticipating customer needs and delivering effective and sustainable solutions. You will be an excellent people manager with an ability to engage, build rapport and develop staff resources to the benefit of the individual and the business. With a passion for delivering quality services at all times you will have the confidence of your proven knowledge, experience and training, an ability to exercise good judgement in decision making and accept responsibility for your outcomes.
Reporting to the Head of Operations, applicants must be able to demonstrate a successful track record of managing a portfolio of cleaning contracts within the Public & Private sectors.
The main purpose of this role is to take responsibility for managing, developing and delivering operational solutions, staff, customer relationships and performance for all designated cleaning services.
Principal responsibilities will include;
- Manage and coordinate all activities to ensure the provision of contractual and ad hoc cleaning services to customers within the designated portfolio, in compliance with specifications, SLA’s, legislation, Company policies and procedures
- Develop and foster excellent business relationships with customers and staff and maintain ongoing engagement.
- Be responsible for managing, motivating training and developing staff ensuring a positive employment culture, effective training strategies and high retention levels
- Develop operational plans to meet and exceed customer needs, managing execution and measuring results
- Ensure contracts are fully resourced at all times through effective recruitment and the fully planned and accurate maintenance of rotas.
- Oversee all operational problems within your remit and prepare responses within established timeframes to all service complaints
- Develop and implement all necessary processes and procedures for contract management and administration in line with contractual requirements and company policies.
- Provide accurate and timeous management information to measure performance and compliance and maintain all necessary documentation including contract records, and correspondence, customer communications, operational reports and changes.
- Devise and implement plans that will improve performance to support long term sustainability and contract retention.
- Be responsible for developing effective operational solutions that support new business opportunities, tenders and contract development requirements and mobilise new contracts when converted.
- Maintain up to date industry and sector knowledge, guidance and regulations and be responsible for providing advice, guidance and support to ensure the business is progressive at all times.
- Actively engage and liaise with other functions across the business taking responsibility for outcomes to ensure all necessary supports are in place
- Participate in the company promotional and marketing activities which include seeing new business opportunities to further grow the regional portfolio
- Must have a minimum of three years experience with a credible track record of successful delivery in managing and operating a range of cleaning service contracts
- Certificated BICS trainer
- IOSH preferable
- Strong leadership and people management skills; able to challenge, coach, lead by example, motivate and train staff to produce positive results
- Be confident, proactive and show initiative
- Ability to organise yourself, your team and your resources effectively at all times, plan your activities and deliver on a deadline.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills at individual, team and group level and equally comfortable and effective in communicating with front line staff, managers, clients and members of the public
- Experience of managing budgets and delivering operational goals
- Experienced with Microsoft Office tools
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist