ElectriciansVacancy posted: Wednesday, 5 October 2016
Salary: upto £32K DOE plus company van
Job Title: Electrician
Job Type: Permanent
Job Location: Aberdeenshire
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Electrician to join our Repairs & Maintenance Division. As a Field Based role, the successful candidate will bring with them extensive experience in all aspects of domestic electrical work including fault finding, installation, inspection & testing to BS7671 and rewires. Your customer service skills and ability to solve problems will enable you to diagnose defects, work safely to ensure a first time fix for your customer.
We are looking for minimum qualifications of the City & Guilds 2360 Parts 1 & 2 (or equivalent), Recognised Apprenticeship, City & Guilds 2382 - BS7671 IET Wiring regulations (17th Edition) and City and Guilds 2391 or 2394/5 (desirable), alongside a full UK driving licence with 3 points or less.
The successful candidate will also be subject to Disclosure Scotland checks.
The work of an Electrician is varied and can include the following:
- To install, repair, renew, test and maintain electrical installations as required, meeting all legislative requirements
- Inspect, test and issue certification for all electrical installations and repairs
- Carry out fault diagnosis on site
- Prepare sites for safe working
- Keep up to date with required trade qualifications
- Report all non-electrical faults to the Line Manager
- Keep records of work undertaken, including maintenance & repairs work
- Comply with H&S policies and procedures and carry out on site risk assessments for jobs undertaken
Skills & Experience
- Recognised Apprenticeship (FICA)
- SVQ Level 3 in Electrical: Minimum of 3 years’ experience
- Carrying out Electrical Installation Condition Reports (periodic Inspection and test)
- Working for a Social Housing provider (Desirable)
- Full Driving Licence (Max 3 points)
- City & Guilds 2382-10
- City & Guilds 2391 (Desirable)
- City & Guilds 2394/5 (Desirable)
- City & Guilds 2377 (Desirable)
Please note: If you have not had a response within 4 weeks from the closing date of this vacancy, please consider yourself unsuccessful on this occasion.
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
- Permanent Domestic / Commercial Electrician - VR/14272Thorpe Molloy Recruitment Ltd, aberdeenshire
- Permanent Electrician Domestic / Commercial - VR/14272Thorpe Molloy Recruitment Ltd, aberdeenshire
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist