Small Building Works Technician / JoinerVacancy posted: Tuesday, 20 September 2016
Salary: £25,000 + van, medical, pension
Job ref. no.: Small Building Works Tech - Glasgow
Job Title: Small Building Works Technician / Joiner
Location: Covering the Glasgow and surrounding Areas
Salary: £25,000 plus Company Van, BUPA Medical, Pension
40 hour week
Our Client is one of the UK’s leaders in providing innovative construction and engineering solutions for clients within a variety of sectors including Retail, Health, Education and Commercial.
Due to recent expansion, they are currently recruiting self motivated and experienced Building Works Technicians for a new retail facilities management contract based throughout the Glasgow and surrounding areas.
Suitable candidates should be able to demonstrate previous experience of providing a planned and reactive multi-discipline maintenance service within a multi-site retail environment and should be able to complete 1st fix for flooring and drainage works.
Candidates should hold a recognised City & Guilds or S/NVQ Carpentry & Joinery qualification
To provide a proactive and multi-discipline maintenance service to stores whilst complying with company policy & procedure.
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all times and develop a good working relationship with colleagues.
- Ensure all necessary paperwork is completed accurately and to the laid-down procedures.
- Assess the requirements of the job and carry out repairs as and where necessary.
- Prioritise maintenance and repair work to achieve agreed timescales and response times.
- Order spares as per the required procedure.
- Identify non-repairable issues and promptly advise the Regional Supervisor of findings, with recommendations regarding suitable alternatives.
- Advise the store manager of any repair and maintenance issues that are likely to affect the running of the store.
- Carry out minor alterations and installations in accordance with current specifications.
- Complete general repairs and maintenance to store sites as designated by the Contract Manager, e.g. repairs to the building fabric, shelving or point-of-sale signage.
- Ensure all tools and equipment necessary (as per company tool list) to complete maintenance and repairs are available and serviceable at all times.
- Maintain accurate time sheets and mileage logs as required.
- Attend training courses as and where necessary and to ensure personal job skills keep pace with technical developments.
- Comply with the company Health and Safety Policy at all times.
- Work with company and colleagues to ensure laid-down standards of quality are maintained at all times.
- Ensure company vehicle is kept clean, well maintained and serviced as required.
- Comply with any other reasonable request or instruction from the Regional Supervisor/FM Contracts Manager.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
- Quality of repairs and maintenance
- Speed and efficiency of work
- Response to service call requests within reasonable response time
- Compliance with Health and Safety policy
- Customer/colleague relationships and feedback.
Candidates must have a full and valid driving licence and be prepared to travel on a daily basis.
To apply for this role please submit a full and up to date CV to Gary Russell at PDA Search and Selection
|Contact Name||Gary Russell|
Horsley Business Centre
About PDA Search and Selection
Our approach is open and friendly. Our team are some of the most dedicated people in the business. We are passionate about finding job seekers the right opportunity and will hope to continue to work with you throughout your future career.
PDA has the right level of Senior Boardroom level experience, as well as specialist sector search and selection know-how. We really know who companies are looking for and can match the right person to the right job.
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
- Fabric JoinerColesco Consulting, glasgow
- Maintenance Joiner Search Consultancy, glasgow
- Multi Skilled Maintenance EngineerAGM Group Ltd, glasgow
- Joiners x 2 £17ph, Workshop Environment, Ongoing workSearch Consultancy, glasgow
- Assistant Site Manager - ECA/J10881Contract Scotland, livingston
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist