Project ManagerVacancy posted: Wednesday, 19 October 2016
Salary: £45000 - £60000 per annum
Closing date: 02 November 2016
Job ref. no.: 911224
911224 - Project Manager
Our client is a privately owned group of companies working in infrastructure, support services and construction. Operating throughout the whole of the UK, they have a well-established presence across Scotland and the North of England.
They are currently recruiting for the position of Project Manager, based in Aberdeen, Scotland.
- Liaise with the customer, clients and design team.
- Work closely with the company's Project Quantity Surveyor, providing the necessary input to allow the Quantity Surveyor to report on the current and projected financial status of the project.
- Develop the main logic of the works programme and to monitor progress of the same weekly.
- Ensure that no work commences on site until health and safety policy and the relevant construction phase plan is in place.
- Develop Method Statements and Risk Assessments together with the Safety Plan and to observe the requirement of the CDM Regulations in the status of Principal Contractor.
- Provide leadership and support to Site Supervisors, Management Trainees and support staff.
- Source labour and maintain high productivity.
- Day to day planning of operations and problem solving.
- Check and correct time sheets and allocation sheets.
- Comply with the requirements of the company's Quality Procedure and Manual.
- Attend meetings as required at the site and area offices.
- Hold, chair and minute sub-contractor meetings.
- Answer correspondence relative to the project as directed by your superior.
- Report contractual risk situations to your superior.
- Supervise the quality of the works and hand over a snag free building.
- At all times to represent the company in the best possible way, be courteous and professional working to the highest ethical standards.
Skills and Experience
- Valid CSCS card.
- Previous supervisory experience in the construction industry.
- Certified in SMSTS via CITB.
- Health and safety awareness.
- Computer literate including use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Email.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Management of Budget Compilation.
- Good analytical & problem solving skills.
- Methodical approach to tasks undertaken and the ability to work on own initiative.
This is a permanent position.
The salary for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 911224.
|Contact Name||Laura Campbell|
|Telephone||+44 (0)1463 230860|
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist