Operations ManagerVacancy posted: Wednesday, 19 October 2016
Salary: £60000 - £75000 per annum
Closing date: 02 November 2016
Job ref. no.: 911226
911226 - Operations Manager
Our client is a privately owned group of companies working in infrastructure, support services and construction. Operating throughout the whole of the UK, they have a well-established presence across Scotland and the North of England.
They are currently recruiting for the position of Operations Manager , based in Aberdeen, Scotland.
- Provide management support to the operations function and the Directorate giving guidance to the business unit to meet the demands of safety, profitability and production through the economic use of the Company's resources.
- Ensure compliance of the operations and support services with that of legislative requirements and the company SHEQ systems.
- Develop a positive safety culture and performance within the operations team.
- Assist with the recruitment of operational staff.
- Identify staff development and carry out appraisals.
- Ensure that the appropriate supply chain is in place to satisfy the requirements of the business and individual projects.
- Attend monthly CVR Meetings with project teams and Directors.
- Review job costs and instigate reviews and recovery plans, where necessary. Assist with the management of Labour & Productivity.
- Regularly visit all sites.
- Ensure that each project is adequately resourced to maintain H&S, programme and quality objectives efficiently.
- Assist with the monitoring of progress and reactive measures implemented where progress slips including weekly/monthly reports.
- Ensure the optimum resources are allocated to deliver upon budget objectives.
- Promote communication between all departments to continually improve project performance and team relationships namely Surveying, Operations and other departments eg Buying, Administration, Accounts, Planning, Productivity etc.
- Improve the Company's overall performance and image by ensuring all contracts are run effectively to a high quality to meet, or better completion dates and produce maximum return to improve the Company's profitability.
- Assist in monitoring regular Customer feedback on Construction performance to permit assessment of the Company's strengths and weaknesses.
- Provide technical and operational support to the team.
- Where required interrogate tender site reports making comment and recommendation on project planning, build-ability, staffing, plant, risk and opportunities.
Skills and Experience
- CSCS Card (Managerial).
- Degree level qualification in; Construction & Project Management or Civil Engineering (or equivalent).
- CIOB or member of equivalent chartered institution.
This is a permanent position.
The salary for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 911226.
|Contact Name||Laura Campbell|
|Telephone||+44 (0)1463 230860|
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist