Site EngineerVacancy posted: Tuesday, 10 January 2017
Salary: £35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Excellent Benefits
Closing date: 24 January 2017
Job ref. no.: Req/414570
New Year New Career…
Fantastic opportunity for a Site Engineer based in Aberdeen, you will be responsible to the Site Manager working on commercial and residential schemes across Aberdeen and will assist the construction team in ensuring the project is constructed in a safe and productive manner.
Key tasks & Responsibilities
- Implement and supervise traffic management procedure for the above where required by Site Manager.
- Discuss and set out new and existing service route installations with Site Manager in accordance with details from relevant utility companies.
- Write method statements for all temporary site arrangements as required by Site Manager.
- Comply with all aspects of construction phase Health and Safety plans regarding all temporary site arrangements.
- Setting out all associated works with the use of E.D.M's and lasers, working directly with the groundworkers and shuttering joiners.
- Check drawings are up to date from drawing register and issue work to shuttering joiners/steel fixers and groundworkers, in accordance with Site Managers instructions.
- Check materials and labour is on site in accordance with programme requirements, as required to produce good quality work.
- Ensure there is a safe system of work in place for all construction activities and scaffolding, and that safety equipment is provided at the correct time.
- Issue, monitor and check day-to-day work of groundworkers and shuttering joiners.
- Set out all associated works with the use of an E.D.M. for brick/blocklayers.
- Check the quality of all blockwork, including cavity trays, dpc's, wall ties, insulation, cavities are clean, sills and lintels, window openings, coursing of blockwork, correct strength of blockwork used. Report any problem to the Site Manager.
- Setting out site roads, carrying out detailed surveys with E.D.M.
Ideally you will have at least 3 years experience as a site engineer, be competent at setting out and levelling and be able to demonstrate a HND or Degree in construction related discipline. As a Site Engineer you will have the ability to manage sub-contractors and a direct labour force, be able to read and interpret project drawings and foresee issues before they occur. You will be able to demonstrate a thorough knowledge of engineering and construction and will have worked on a variety of projects, ideally residential and commercial in nature.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
|Contact Name||Michelle Buchanan|
Established in 1987, Search Consultancy has grown to become one of the UK's leading recruitment consultancies. With offices in 13 locations across the country, we place people at all levels across a wide range of commercial and industry sectors.Company profile View all jobs with Search Consultancy
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
- Site EngineerSearch Consultancy, aberdeen
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist