Senior Building EstimatorVacancy posted: Wednesday, 19 October 2016
Closing date: 02 November 2016
Job ref. no.: 3134
James Gray are actively recruiting for a Senior Building Estimator on behalf of one of our key clients who are an established main contractor in the construction sector.
- Our client is a leading international business operating primarily in major construction schemes, with over 100 years’ experience in delivering complex and distinguished projects.
- By financing, designing and developing a wide variety of ventures, our client operates with a high level of technical expertise to ensure successful conclusions across the full infrastructure life cycle.
- This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-known main contractor in Scotland and get exposure to prestigious and high-value projects.
What you’ll be doing
- The successful Senior Building Estimator will be based in Edinburgh to cover sites across Scotland.
- You will lead the bid process for tenders, including directing the estimating team, managing the workload and allocating estimating resources within the bid teams.
- The Senior Building Estimator will also carry out and attend period Tender Health Checks and ensure that cost planning and estimating are accurate.
What you’ll need to be successful
- The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years’ experience in managing the estimating process for projects with good practical knowledge of pricing and quantification methods.
- A sound understanding of BIM models, the principles of Lean Construction and 5D cost planning are desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required, as the ideal candidate will lead a team and form relationships with partners under time pressure.
- Proficiency in IT, MS Office and Estimating Systems is essential.
What your benefits will be
- Salary of £50,000-£60,000 per annum depending on experience
- Excellent package and benefits
What you need to do next
Please hit the APPLY NOW button to send your CV to Chris Selby at James Gray Recruitment.
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist