Project Quantity SurveyorVacancy posted: Friday, 2 September 2016
Salary: £35,000-£40,000 plus car allowance
Closing date: 30 September 2017
Main Purpose of the Job
Responsible for all financial aspects of the project working closely with the Senior Surveyor and Project Manager.
This project will suit a Surveyor with a professional and proactive manner who has a genuine desire to develop their management skills. Candidates must be robust, organised with strong track record of working closely with the client. Excellent attention to detail is essential.
- To take active responsibility for all financial procedures in conjunction with the Senior Surveyor.
- To suggest trade contractors, systems and manufacturers for team appraisal.
- To take a lead role in the valuation process.
- To actively promote ISG philosophy and culture.
- Be aware of element costings and costs per square metre
- Develop initial project budget and agree detailed cost plan with the Senior Surveyor for agreemen with the professional team.
- Confirm project insurance arrangements.
- Advise client on procurement routes available.
- Prepare and monitor Bid Package Tender Schedule.
- Advise on product selection, specifications and assist with value engineering exercises.
- Advise on selection of Works Contractors.
- Monitor the information flow both to and from ISG to ensure that work undertaken is fully authorised at all times.
- Attend and if necessary chair meetings with the design team and with works contractors.
- Manage the change process in conjunction with the extended team.
- Instruct accounts to invoice clients
- Prepare payment documentation for subcontractors and suppliers for approval by line manager
- Prepare ‘rolling’ final account throughout project and agree at PC (with approval of line manager)
- Close out financial account and retention releases (with approval of line manager)
- Prepare Cost/Value Reconciliation (CVR), create regular budget and price updates, update computerised cost control system and prepare the monthly cost and progress report for Interior directors responsible
- Provide feedback to trade contractors on completion
- Internal reporting via billing monitors, Internal value Forecasts, Cash Flows MCR’s and interim CVR’s
Recognised qualification in a building related subject
Previous experience of successfully carrying out a surveying role on a project, £3m+ and its delivery within the time and budget constraints to a high quality.
Preferably previous experience of major structural work on existing buildings.
Relationship with Colleagues
Acts as the lynch pin with the day to day running of the project in terms of procurement and financial control and as a result must be an effective communicator.
Takes on role of mentor to AQS and support staff.
Acts as the key co-ordinator with the professional team and Subcontractors in respect to the valuation process.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
|Contact Name||Kay Best|
|Telephone||0141 447 0300|
1 Buchanan Gate, Stepps
ISG is a professional, proactive company that recognises people as the key to successful project delivery and customer satisfaction. We are passionate about employing the best and brightest new talent into our business. every1@isg can fulfil their potential Helping people fulfil their potential is a core value at ISG. We make sure that our people receive the support and development they need so that they can reach their potential and succeed in their ambitions.Company profile View all jobs with ISG plc
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist