Design ManagerVacancy posted: Friday, 14 October 2016
Salary: £40,000-50,000 plus car allowance
Closing date: 16 November 2016
Strong industry experience from either an architectural or project management background.
Must have experience of a similar role on a project in excess of £10m.
The successful candidate will have experience of both design and build and traditional contracting. They will also be a BIM capable Design Manager.
Working alongside the Project Manager and Site Manager to manage all aspects of the design production. This is to include managing the release of the design from the consultants as well as from our directly employed subcontractors.
• Critique tender documentation, identify project risks.
• Appraise BREEAM obligation.
• Establish consultant requirements.
• Obtain consultant fee proposals.
• Assist estimator to ensure robust tendering.
• Generate contractors’ proposals for submission.
• Demonstrate design management procedures for submission.
• Present design strategy at interview presentation.
Design planning and control
• Set design deliverables for each consultant and CDP contractor and schedule drawings, specifications and other design information required for construction.
• Prepare design programme in conjunction with PM, consultants and CDP contractors.
• Prepare and agree the IRS with design team and CDP contractors at the outset of the project.
• For D&B identify and agree drawings/samples for Client satisfaction.
• For D&B produce a programme of critical dates for Client approvals.
• Attend/Chair design team meetings as necessary during contract.
• Prepare design section of project reports.
• Monitor and report on design progress, statutory approvals, outstanding information required, subcontractor design, environmental/CDM issues.
• For novation review and advise upon Client appointments.
• Ensure compliance with BREEAM design criteria (where appropriate).
• Develop and agree design input/output responsibilities between consultants and subcontractors with design responsibilities.
• For D&B review and agree designers internal control and ISO9001 compliance.
• Monitor progress and status of RFI’s and document control.
• Agree format for drawing production and release with design team.
• Monitor document verification and document control for project.
• Lead regular meetings to vet and comment on design information.
• Review alternative materials to maximise profit.
• Review and comment upon design information provided by consultants and subcontractors.
• Arrange design workshops with design team and subcontractors during design process
• Review design information at tender and construction and report on:
- Value Engineering Construction
- Adequacy and completeness
- Statutory compliance
• Assist in production of scopes of work.
• Identify package interfaces.
• Assist in breaking down project to suitable subcontract packages.
• Assist in selection and interview of subcontractors.
• Review subcontractor tender information.
• Management of CDP contractors in same manor as consultants.
• Flexible team member
• Ability to communicate positively and effectively
• Technical and design skills
• Understanding of design and construct process
• Process driven
• Good manager of people
• Ability to work effectively on a number of projects at one time
• Prioritise the requirement of several Project Managers
|Contact Name||Kay Best|
|Telephone||0141 447 0300|
1 Buchanan Gate, Stepps
ISG is a professional, proactive company that recognises people as the key to successful project delivery and customer satisfaction. We are passionate about employing the best and brightest new talent into our business. every1@isg can fulfil their potential Helping people fulfil their potential is a core value at ISG. We make sure that our people receive the support and development they need so that they can reach their potential and succeed in their ambitions.Company profile View all jobs with ISG plc
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
- Project ManagerGlasgow Council on Alcohol, glasgow
- E-Learning Content Developer / Instructional DesignerICS, glasgow
- Project & Development CoordinatorCIC Group (Community Integrated Care), glasgow
- Traffic ManagerMcPherson Ltd, dumbarton
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist