Managing Quantity SurveyorVacancy posted: Friday, 6 January 2017
Salary: £55000 - £65000 per annum + car, pension & package
Closing date: 20 January 2017
Job ref. no.: MQS4
Not getting the progression you are looking for?
Are you an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor who is interested in managing a team?
Randstad CPE have a permanent opportunity to work for a well known civil engineering contractor who have won several major projects over the last couple of months and have a requirement for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to help the commercial team in a managerial capacity.
This role will be based in the head office in Glasgow. The types of project include:
- Major and minor road schemes
- Infrastructure development
- Major drainage schemes
- Bridge construction
- Site remediation works
- Land reclamation
- Bulk earthworks
The Ideal Candidate has:
* 12+ years civils experience
* must be comfortable and have lengthy experience of working on small - large projects
* must have experience in commercial projects
* project located in challenging locations with complex logistics
* must be able to effectively manage a team
The individual will have the following responsibilities
* Managing a team of Surveyors, taking the lead commercial team
* Working with the Commercial team on all contract related issues
* Manage customer & client relationships
* Budgetary Control
* Production of reports, presentations and drawings/designs as required
* Work closely with the planning team to ensure successful planning of the sequence of work
* Ensure that projects are delivered on time and to budget.
* Getting involved with the bid process
* Lead, motivate, support & develop the project/work package teams
* Manage all operational aspects of specific projects/ works packages and activities
* Ensuring project is running on time, within planned costs, to the specifications and drawings
* Business Development involvement promoting the companies capability within multi sectors
* Procurement and Management of relevant sub-contractors
* Championing the implementing Health and Safety practices
If interested then please contact Paul Logan of Randstad CPE on 07879115075 or send an up to date copy of your CV
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
|Contact Name||Paul Logan|
About Randstad CPE
Randstad CPE's (formerly Hill McGlynn & BBT) sole focus is Construction Property and Engineering Recruitment, operating across all sectors and at all levels in the UK and internationally. We have built a successful business over the last 30 years because we develop long term, high value relationships with people and we deliver customer satisfaction time after time in an intensely competitive market.
With an impressive track record in construction recruitment, an award winning website, accreditation to Investors In People, Link UP and ISO 9001 coupled with Sunday Times Top 100 Company status, Randstad CPE is perfectly placed to be your recruitment partner both now and into the future.
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist