Senior Estimator - ConstructionVacancy posted: Wednesday, 11 January 2017
Salary: £65000 - £75000 per annum
Closing date: 18 January 2017
Job ref. no.: 37362
Eden Scott's client is one of the largest construction companies within the UK with internationally-renowned experience in the successful delivery of technically demanding, multi-disciplinary and logistically complex projects.
Due to an increasing workload they now have a requirement for a Senior Build Estimator from a main contractor background with experience of projects of £5 million and Senior Estimator will manage the preparation of accurate and competitive cost estimates for a wide variety of major Build projects across Scotland.
This is a great career opportunity as the successful applicant will have the opportunity to lead the Estimating team if the right qualities, knowledge and experience is evident.
Dependent upon the relevant business stream
To be responsible for pricing tender opportunities by implementing estimating strategies on each bid. To manage the estimating process and procedures in bidding.
- Where no Bid Manager is appointed and if required by the relevant Business Stream, lead the bid process to ensure that tender deliverables are produced in a timely and effective manner
- Lead the Estimating team, including managing the workload and allocation of estimating resource within assigned bid teams. Undertake the role of Estimator on projects, where required
- Oversee and/or interrogate design options and 'value' solutions, and if appropriate, identify the attractiveness of a project based on sound estimating ONAL QUALITIES AND EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience of managing the process of estimating projects, within the construction industry is required along with a valid CSCS card.
- Membership of a relevant professional body and/or relevant professional qualification is desirable, such as RICS/CIOB/RIBA/ICE/CIBSE.
- Working knowledge of best practice solutions and optimisation of innovative ideas and an understanding of the principles of Lean Construction and 5D cost planning is desirable.
- An understanding of BIM and how to read and assemble BIM models and produce appropriate reports from them is desirable.
- Good working knowledge of pricing and quantification methods is required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required, coupled with an ability to form effective relationships with partners under time pressure. Experience of leading a team is desirable. Able to be a strong team player, as well as work on their own initiative.
- A desire to continuously pursue innovation and development, with a focus on the customer and the business is required. Proficiency in IT, numeracy and MS Office Basic & Estimating Systems is essential.
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity, apply now. To discuss this role in more detail, call Ray Williamson on 0141 410 1006
|Contact Name||Ray Williamson|
About Eden Scott
Eden Scott offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist