Project Manager Utilities/WaterVacancy posted: Friday, 23 September 2016
Salary: £Up to £60k Car Allowance + Bonus + Pension
Job ref. no.: UK749316
My client, a nationally recognisable civil/utilities contractor are recruiting for a Project Manager. The role will initially be working in a project alliance team to help manage the build, management and procurement process of various water contracts. My client is one of the top contractors in the UK and growing rapidly due to framework/tender wins. Due to business growth in the UK and there will be great prospects for progression with this contractor due to the significance of this framework. The business has a strong succession planning strategy/ethos so there will be views to progress into a contracts manager role over a 3-5 year period.
There will be a real diversity in projects with this contractor and framework so multi-discipline candidates will be welcomed.
The candidate must come from a civil engineering, power, M&E or utilities background, ideally with large scale infrastructure or water experience of a value over £5m. The form of contract is bespoke but desired experience will be predominantly NEC3 option A & C.
There will be a variety of works/packages to be managed on the project from; bulk earthworks, infrastructure, utility management, large scale M&E packages, structures, MEICA knowledge, sub-structures and general civil engineering.
My client is looking to consider project managers with the following project experience; flood alleviation, waste water treatment works, pumping stations, reservoir treatment, wind farms, substations, new build road, new build rail, culvert diversions, power backgrounds and groundwork’s/structures.
- Provide taking off and bill of quantities preparation.
- Working to NEC3 forms of contract
- Preparation of interim applications.
- Identify and prepare additional items and claims.
- Preparation and agreement of final accounts.
- Advice on procurement issues.
- Preparation of Sub-Contract enquiry packages, subsequent analysis of returned quotes prior to agreement of terms and conditions and placement of order Measurement and valuation of sub-contract work
- Preparation and negotiation of sub-contractors final accounts.
- Preparation of internal cost and value financial reporting and forecasting.
- Assist in cost and risk management.
- Document control and archiving.
- Provide site management with commercial support and advice
- Extensive experience in working on civil engineering projects, specifically Roads/Highways/Infrastructure and wind farm projects.
- Strong Commercial Skills
- Must be a team player but also able to work on own initiative
- Knowledge of ICE, JCT and NEC forms of Contract Computer literate
To discuss or apply, please contact Sean Whyte at our Edinburgh Office or apply via the lin below
Please note you will receive an automated response advising you that we have received your CV. Hudson is a leading provider of permanent recruitment, contract professionals and talent management solutions worldwide.
|Contact Name||Sean Whyte|
|Telephone||0131 555 9853|
19a Canning Street
Hudson Construction & Property is a team of specialist recruitment consultants within Hudson - a global talent solutions company. We help transform the workplace and unleash the full potential of organisations and individuals. Whether you're actively looking for your next job within Construction & Property or just considering your options, we're here to help.Company profile View all jobs with Hudson Construction & Property
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist