Senior Project ManagerVacancy posted: Friday, 13 January 2017
Salary: £55000 - £60000 per annum
Closing date: 20 January 2017
Job ref. no.: CF-SPM
Senior Project Manager
First People Solutions are currently working with a well-established specialist fit-out contractor based in the Central Belt. Our client have been in operation for over 40 years and have built a strong client base across the retail sector. They operate across the whole of the UK, delivering projects for a variety of well-known clients.
The Senior Project Manager will have experience of running multiple retail projects simultaneously therfore extensive retail experience is essential. Must have a track record in developing and maintaining major high street clients along with demonstrating growth and understanding in this area.
You will be required:
- To ensure the best possible client experience and highest level of satisfaction across client accounts through excellent Delivery Project Manager performance throughout the end to end delivery process, whilst protecting margin and maximising financial return for the business.
- Lead their delivery teams whilst driving H&S, quality and communication between project stakeholders to drive a great client service resulting in future work allocation.
- Build strong client relations by working closely with your client and building trust through strong performance resulting on account growth.
- Programme management of all projects including resource allocation of PMs, SMs, Fixers and Subcontractors. Identifying the correct quality of site based resource to deliver quality projects.
- Health and Safety compliance on all projects. Will work collaboratively with the SHE team to drive all H&S initiatives and training required for their team. Will audit projects and ensure close out takes place.
- Responsible for working with Business Development colleagues to support new client opportunities. Input to the tender process as required and attend client presentations as part of a bid team.
- Will build strong client relationships to understand the client drivers, meeting on a regular basis and updating the business on future work planned. Will communicate this within the business to ensure we consider all options for delivering current programmes successfully and also new opportunities. Will obtain feedback on current performance to make sure we are delivering the clients expectations. Will address client issues are identified.
- Accountable for flawless project(s) delivery against internal and clients' service delivery KPI's as validated by client feedback and complaints. Will monitor performance of Delivery Project Managers, review/manage performance as required.
- Responsible for ensuring internal and client policies and procedures are followed to achieve full compliance and meet client delivery requirements.
- Responsible for reviewing SMART project delivery plans in conjunction with external and internal clients and suppliers to support the Delivery PM.
- Responsible for taking key project data provided by the Delivery PMs to allow a robust revenue forecast for project delivery and business growth within existing clients.
- Responsible for the effective management of key internal and external suppliers, ensuring they have the necessary resources, capabilities and support to meet project delivery targets and deadlines, highlighting potential risks promptly to line manager, backed by realistic and achievable plans to resolve.
- Responsible for regular project reviews to ensure the Delivery PMs are working to key project targets set out within tender and converted to the CVR and project delivery plan.
- Responsible for own development/training to carry out the role effectively and be willing to flex across multiple client accounts and project types.
- Will support the training and development of staff and make sure they have the correct training certification to carry out their role effectively.
- Will performance manage staff promptly dealing with issues and when they become apparent.
- Can do attitude to participate in business change initiatives to drive improvement rather than just highlighting them. Will come up with solution and manage them to a successful outcome.
Competencies and Experience
- Black/Gold CSCS card
- Asbestos awareness certification
- Detailed knowledge of Health & Safety legislation
- Project H&S auditing to drive safety standards
- QA Systems and Business Process Implementation and auditing
- Presentation skills
- Commercial & Contractual Management
- CVR Process and Monitoring of costs
- Ability to run and facilitate productive meetings
- Planning/programme management skills
- Leadership and people management skills
- Good communication skills
- Motivation skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and problem solve
- Ability to mentor and support new starts as required.
- IT Skills, Microsoft, Excel, Word, Projects and CIMPAC
- Input to new tender opportunities to support new client business
- Ability to carry out effective performance reviews and implement staff development plans to drive flexibility across all teams.
Must be prepared to travel
|Contact Name||Cheryl Fitzsimmons|
|Telephone||0141 270 5130|
About First People Solutions
First People Solutions is an international technical recruitment consultancy. For over 10 years the name of FPS has been synonymous within our specialist industries supplying temporary and permanent technical staff at all levels and disciplines across a diverse range of engineering and technical industry sectors.
FPS cover the following specialist markets; Aviation, Construction, Energy and Technical. We believe that our experience and client faced approach help make us a truly valued partner.
At FPS we believe that it is our dedicated recruitment consultants and our innovative staffing solutions which have helped us become an international leader in the Technical Recruitment industry.
Our continued success allows us to enjoy a number of successful, long-term partnerships with our range of major clients. In many cases we are sole supplier to them and control their entire recruitment process; so you can be sure your vacancy or application is in safe hands throughout the placement process.
FIRST PEOPLE SOLUTIONS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
- Senior Project Manager - Construction - EdinburghFirst People Solutions, edinburgh
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist