Shift ElectricianVacancy posted: Monday, 3 October 2016
Salary: Competitive package
Job ref. no.: s1
For our plant in Auchinleck
The diversity of our 7,800 employees makes us a strong team. In our work we have much in common:
Taking action instead of just talking about stability that allows us to satisfaction of having delivered what we say we do not simply look for employees. We seek people who share our values.
To train in all aspects of the Electrical Engineering Department and to follow standard operating policies. To maintain high levels of quality, safety, and environmental awareness within the department. To repair and maintain all electrical equipment on a shift rota to a high standard.
Duties / Responsibilities
- To have a working knowledge of PLCs (Siemens S5 and S7) and to retain the ability to repair and fault find.
- To complete electrical SAP reports detailing, daily tasks performed and shift reports at the end of every shift.
- To undertake a comprehensive training programme to be able to run every aspect of the Electrical Engineering Department and to attend any further training courses as required.
- To maintain and repair all electrical equipment on a 24-hour shift basis – 365 days.
- To operate as a member of a team in the Electrical Engineering Department helping to achieve optimum plant utilisation and efficiency. To contribute an acceptable level of housekeeping in the department.
- To ensure that the operation and related tasks are conducted in a safe working manner and that any incidents/accidents and hazards are duly reported.
- To implement and maintain all safety precautions as detailed in the Health and Safety procedures are taken and that safety equipment is in good order and used at all times.
- To liaise with the shift supervisor as to the condition of the Mechanical/Electrical equipment or production problems.
- To carry out any other reasonable tasks as commensurate with the position.
- To assist in apprentice training where required.
- ONC/NVQ Level 3 Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- 17th Edition Wiring Regulations advantageous.
- CIEH Supervisory Health and Safety course.
- Relevant Technical/Engineering experience essential
- HNC/Technician standard qualifications
- Good standard of secondary education
- Health & Safety awareness
- Intermediate standard of IT skills and competent use of Microsoft Products (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint)
- Driving Licence
- The opportunity to join a large manufacturing employer; focussed on quality, customer service, the environment and sustainability
- Decentralised, international Company
- Competitive employee benefits and pension
- Rewarding and varied job role
- Technologically advanced systems
- Comprehensive induction process,progressive training and development
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist