Maintenance Operative (Electrician)Vacancy posted: Wednesday, 12 October 2016
Job ref. no.: MA(LEC)
Are you looking to take the next step in your career? Do you want to work with a dynamic accommodation business?
We have the perfect opportunity for you!
Orchard & Shipman Glasgow Limited is not your average accommodation business. We provide accommodation and support services to asylum seekers entering the UK on behalf of the UKVI. If you’re up for a challenge, then read on!
We now have a vacancy for a Maintenance Operative (Electrician). Reporting to our Maintenance Manager, the role holder undertake electrical work within our property portfolio. This will include maintenance, improvements, and / or projects as and when required in addition to general maintenance work.
- Carry out electrical work within properties including consumer unit changes, minor works repairs and fault finding.
- Carry out periodic inspection and testing and completing of the necessary test certification in accordance with regulations. Complete other electrical certification where required.
- Ensure compliance with regulations at all times, and that the appropriate materials used.
- To undertake testing of all portable and fixed electrical equipment (PAT Testing).
- Carry out and complete all works to high quality and in a competent manner, leaving the property in a clean and tidy condition.
General Maintenance Work
- Carry out associated multi trade duties such as minor plastering and joinery works.
- To liaise with customers to arrange appointments, access arrangements, discuss works etc.
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of all paperwork including job tickets and timesheets and ensure this is passed to the Maintenance Team Leader daily.
- To work with and provide information relating to technical matters to any group as directed by the Maintenance Team Leader.
- Ensure that any required qualifications for your position remain valid and to ensure that any necessary training is arranged and undertaken within the specified timescales.
- To attend meetings, training sessions and conferences as required.
- To participate in the call out of hour’s emergency service rota.
- To act at all times in accordance with the rules, policies, procedures and be flexible.
(E = Essential, D = Desirable)
- Experience within a property services role (D)
- Experience of managing contractors and delivering a reactive property maintenance service (D)
- Demonstrable track record and exceptional quality of work at all times (E)
- Basic Level of Requirements for an Electrician (E)
- Ability to use Microsoft word and Outlook (D)
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to multi-task (E)
- The ability to work effectively within a team (E)
- Full Valid driving license (E)
- Orchard and Shipman is an Equal Opportunities employer. Staff are expected to comply to the relevant Equal Opportunities policies and procedures (E)
- Any offer of employment for this post will be subject to a Disclosure Scotland and Counter Terrorism Check (CTC) Scotland (E)
Additional Information & Benefits
Hours of Work
- Rotating Shift: Monday to Friday, 9.00 am to 5.30 pm / 10.30 am to 7.00 pm with 1 hour for lunch (37.5 hours per week)
- 25 days (22 + 3 for Christmas)
- Birthday day off
- 1 additional day per complete calendar year of service up to a maximum of 5
- 8 statutory bank holidays
- Auto-enrolment Pension Scheme (subject to eligibility criteria and following 3 months in service)
- Life Insurance (all employees)
- Employee Assistance Programme (all employees)
- Child Care Vouchers (following 3 months service)
If you believe that you have the knowledge, skills and experience we require and you’re up for the challenge we would love to hear from you!
Please apply by submitting your CV.
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist