Maintenance OperativeVacancy posted: Wednesday, 12 October 2016
Job ref. no.: MA(LEC)
Are you looking to take the next step in your career? Do you want to work with a dynamic accommodation business?
We have the perfect opportunity for you!
Orchard & Shipman Glasgow Limited is not your average accommodation business. We provide accommodation and support services to asylum seekers entering the UK on behalf of the UKVI. If you’re up for a challenge, then read on!
We now have an opening for a Maintenance Operative. Reporting to our Maintenance Manager, the role holder will complete minor repairs within our property portfolio whilst providing excellent customer service to all of our customers.
- Ensure properties are maintained and progressed in accordance with O&S policies and procedures.
- Identify and arrange re-charge of costs to landlords in accordance with O&S policies and procedures.
Void Turnaround & Works Progression
- Take overall responsibility for co-ordination and monitoring of landlords and contractors effectively to ensure works are completed within set timescales. Use admin and operational teams and resources to clear and progress voids with minimal delay.
Dilapidations and Handbacks
- Assist in the preparation of dilapidations reports in all DA property.
Repairs & Maintenance
- Carry out minor repairs, lock changes and maintenance in line with good industry practice.
- Deliver Excellent Customer Service within teams at all times in accordance with O&S policies and procedures.
- Ensure all works are completed within contractual timescale and to the required standard to avoid attracting KPI’s.
- Ensure all complaints are managed proactively ensuring a swift resolution in line with O&S policies and procedures.
- VECO, Microsoft Office.
Any Other Duties
- As required.
- Ensure all maintenance jobs are completed within timescales to a good standard to minimise KPI risk.
- Demonstrate an understanding of cost efficiency in relation to repairs.
- Complete contractually required training.
- Show work consistently completed to contractual standards.
- Develop good working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders.
(E = Essential, D = Desirable)
- Effective execution and implementation of operational processes and compliance (in relation to accommodation management, maintenance, health and safety, environmental policies or general duty of care) (E)
- Experience as a handyman or building trade experience (E)
- Has worked for either an accommodation or customer service handyman business previously (D)
- Previous experience working with asylum seekers or similar environment (D)
- Plumbing systems and fittings (E)
- Dealing with valves, taps, cisterns (E)
- Plumbing pipework (E)
- Understanding of cylinders, water tanks, feed & expansion tanks (D)
- Multi-lingual – able to translate / speak in language other than English (D)
- An understanding of Building Regulations and its application (E)
- Extensive experience within the building trade/s (E)
- Able to estimate requirements of time and materials for budgeting purposes(E)
- Able to work on own initiative within defined guidelines (E)
- Computer literate with ability to use word processing tools (D)
- Full Valid driving license (E)
- Orchard and Shipman is an Equal Opportunities employer. Staff are expected to comply to the relevant Equal Opportunities policies and procedures (E)
- Any offer of employment for this post will be subject to a Disclosure Scotland and Counter Terrorism Check (CTC) Scotland (E)
Additional Information & Benefits
Hours of Work
- Rotating Shift: Monday to Friday, 9.00 am to 5.30 pm / 10.30 am to 7.00 pm with 1 hour for lunch (37.5 hours per week)
- 25 days (22 + 3 for Christmas)
- Birthday day off
- 1 additional day per complete calendar year of service up to a maximum of 5
- 8 statutory bank holidays
- Auto-enrolment Pension Scheme (subject to eligibility criteria and following 3 months in service)
- Life Insurance (all employees)
- Employee Assistance Programme (all employees)
- Child Care Vouchers (following 3 months in service)
- Cycle to Work Scheme (following 3 months in service)
- MyWorkOffers (all employees)
If you believe that you have the knowledge, skills and experience we require and you’re up for the challenge we would love to hear from you!
Please apply by submitting your CV.
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist