PROJECT MANAGER (M&E)Vacancy posted: Friday, 16 September 2016
Closing date: 16 October 2016
PROJECT MANAGER (M&E)
Employing some 500 staff, they have an outstanding reputation for the design, manufacture, installation and commissioning of Electrical, Mechanical and Air Conditioning, Environmental and Process Engineering Services.
Their customers include both public sector and private customers across the whole spectrum of industry, commerce, education, health, retail and leisure sectors. They focus solely on the design and delivery of a total M&E service.
Responsible for all aspects of project/s, responsible for the effective client relationship management to achieve smooth operational and commercial progression of the project.
Main tasks of job:
- Directly responsible at the project site level for all matters pertaining to Health, Safety and Welfare
- To effectively manage and correctly coordinate all facets of a specific project from contract signature, through all phases until handover to the end user
- Ensure that all related design information is correctly and fully audited to secure overall compliance with the defined employer’s requirement and all statutory regulations
- Oversee all elements of the overall commissioning process to ensure that the services installation is correctly commissioned consistent with the employers requirement and published guidelines
- Oversee the preparation of Operation & Maintenance Manuals to ensure that the first draft is prepared in complete form
- Maintain Customer focus involving close working relationships with the client and working partners
- Manage variation costing and control with Quantity Surveyor and main contractor
- Responsible for handover to client and after care.
Minimum of HND or equivalent in related engineering subject
- A minimum of five years’ experience in an similar role
- Knowledge of construction, installation and commissioning sequences and practice
- Knowledge of process operation, statutory compliance and reporting processes
- Proficient knowledge of health and safety and environmental legislation
- High level of communication, control, organising, motivational and management skills
- Proactive and committed
- Collaborative and team oriented, able to delegate comfortably
- Able to lead by example and demonstrate trust in the team
- Excellent analytical and organisational skills
|Contact Name||Neil Jones|
|Telephone||0141 204 2054|
About Margaret Hodge
Margaret Hodge Recruitment is a recruitment consultancy with over 30 years of experience of both temporary and permanent recruitment in Scotland. Margaret Hodge Recruitment provides the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment, and an Employment Business for temporary work.
Please note that due to the high volume of response to job vacancies, we regret that we are unable to respond to every applicant individually. Only candidates who meet the specified criteria will be considered for this role.
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
- Fund Accounting Change SpecialistMcGregor Boyall Associates, edinburgh
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist