Maintenance Operative (Gas)Vacancy posted: Wednesday, 12 October 2016
Job ref. no.: MA(GAS)
Are you looking to take the next step in your career? Do you want to work with a dynamic accommodation business?
We have the perfect opportunity for you!
Orchard & Shipman Glasgow Limited is not your average accommodation business. We provide accommodation and support services to asylum seekers entering the UK on behalf of the UKVI. If you’re up for a challenge, then read on!
We now have a vacancy for a Maintenance Operative (Gas). Reporting to our Maintenance Manager, the role holder will undertake Gas and General Maintenance Work within our property portfolio. This will include maintenance, improvements, and / or projects as and when required in addition to general maintenance work.
- Provide technical advice and support to the maintenance section, Install appliances and systems
- Test controls and safety devices to make sure they are working properly
- Find and repair gas leaks
- Repair / replace faulty (or old) parts
- Undertake audit samples of external suppliers works and report findings
- Keeping gas safe records of works carried out
- Check all property reports before undertaking works (e.g. asbestos, dangerous persons) or request additional reports if appropriate
- Undertake quality controlling of gas certifications and gas works
- Ensure compliance with regulations at all times, and that the appropriate materials used.
General Maintenance Work
- Carry out associated multi trade duties such as minor plastering, plumbing and joinery works.
- To liaise with customers to arrange appointments, access arrangements, discuss works etc.
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of all paperwork including job tickets and timesheets and ensure this is passed to the Maintenance Team Leader daily.
- To work with and provide information relating to technical matters to any group as directed by the Maintenance Team Leader.
- Ensure that any required qualifications for your position remain valid and to ensure that any necessary training is arranged and undertaken within the specified timescales.
- To attend meetings, training sessions and conferences as required.
- To participate in the call out of hour’s emergency service rota.
- To act at all times in accordance with the rules, policies, procedures and be flexible.
(E = Essential, D = Desirable)
- Experience within a property services role (D)
- Experience of managing contractors and delivering a reactive property maintenance service (D)
- Demonstrable track record and exceptional quality of work at all times (E)
- Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- A recognised gas industry qualification
- Gas Safe registration
- Level 3 (NVQ) in Domestic Natural Gas Installation and Maintenance or equivalent
- Level 3 Diploma in Gas Utilisation or equivalent
- Level 3 (NVQ) Diploma in Domestic Plumbing and Heating
- (Gas fired water and central heating appliances) or equivalent
- Prepared to undertake further trade related training as necessary
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to multi-task (E)
- The ability to work effectively within a team (E)
- Full Valid driving license (E)
- Orchard and Shipman is an Equal Opportunities employer. Staff are expected to comply to the relevant Equal Opportunities policies and procedures (E)
- Any offer of employment for this post will be subject to a Disclosure Scotland and Counter Terrorism Check (CTC) Scotland (E)
Additional Information & Benefits
Hours of Work
- Rotating Shift: Monday to Friday, 9.00 am to 5.30 pm / 10.30 am to 7.00 pm with 1 hour for lunch (37.5 hours per week)
- 25 days (22 + 3 for Christmas)
- Birthday day off
- 1 additional day per complete calendar year of service up to a maximum of 5
- 8 statutory bank holidays
- Auto-enrolment Pension Scheme (subject to eligibility criteria and following 3 months in service)
- Life Insurance (all employees)
- Employee Assistance Programme (all employees)
- Child Care Vouchers (following 3 months in service)
- Cycle to Work Scheme (following 3 months in service)
- MyWorkOffers (all employees)
If you believe that you have the knowledge, skills and experience we require and you’re up for the challenge we would love to hear from you!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist