Vacancy posted: Wednesday, 19 October 2016
We are looking for a Senior Engineering Manager to join one of our longest standing clients' Glasgow team. If you are interested in working for a highly successful, award winning, medium sized housebuilder that prides itself of quality products and a low staff turnover with a family run culture within the heart of Glasgow…this is the position for you.
Reporting to the Production Director, the role will provide support to their in-house engineering team.
As Senior Engineering Manager you will be responsible for:
• Completing road and sewer adoption.
• Assisting in land appraisals.
• Attending all relevant meetings as required e.g. Pre Tender, Pre Start, Sales Handover and Site Completion.
• Undertaking regular site visits.
• Assisting in the coordination of all engineering information between external consultants and internal departments.
• Mentoring junior staff including Graduates.
As the ideal candidate you will:
• Be qualified to HNC/HND or Degree level (or equivalent) in Civil Engineering.
• Ideally have an engineering background with experience of working for a consultancy or housebuilder who focus on residential projects or similar.
• Be driven, motivated and ambitious with excellent interpersonal skills.
• Be IT literate.
• Have the ability to work well under pressure and meet strict deadlines as required.
• Have a full drivers licence.
We are open to candidates from England/Aberdeen and a relocation package will be available.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to develop their career with this the housebuilding sector, and the salary and package including company car and fuel card can be an excellent increase on your current benefits and are traditionally highly competitive compared to the packages on offer within a consultancy background.
If you would like to know more about this position, please feel free to contact Eilidh Cameron on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01786 446651
Contract Scotland offers both the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
We can only deal with applications from Candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are current UK residents.
We are committed to equal opportunities and diversity for our employees, temporary workers and work seekers. Individuals are only assessed on their individual merits and suitability to a position irrespective of race, gender, disability, age, faith or sexual orientation.
Job Reference: J10164
Closing Date: 25 October 2016
About Contract Scotland
Founded in 1990, Contract Scotland is the longest established construction recruiter in Scotland. We supply staff to the Scottish construction industry on a temporary and permanent basis, we are recognised as trusted market leaders providing the highest quality service based on honesty and transparency. All our Consultants are salaried professionals, not working on heavily incentivised commission schemes and are put through the rigorous internal and external training to ensure you receive a personalised and truly consultative service . There is no candidate ownership on our company and we are measured on our ability to find you the right job.
|Contact Name||Contract Scotland|
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist