EstimatorVacancy posted: Thursday, 5 January 2017
Salary: £35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum. Pension scheme and access to benefits portal
Looking for a fresh challenge? Make the right choice and work with Everwarm. We are a successful Company specialising in Energy Efficiency working with major energy providers in the UK. Employing over 330 employees, we pride ourselves in providing a variety of energy efficient measures to homes and businesses across the UK including effective heating, insulation, renewables and micro generation solutions. In April 2014, we merged with award winning Lakehouse to become part of a major construction and property services group.
The information given below is intended to provide an understanding and appreciation of the workload of the job and its role within Everwarm. The job description outlines the main purposes in general terms only and is not intended to be prescriptive.
You may be required to carry out other duties in order to commensurate with the post. This will not change the character or purpose of the post but will be necessary to maintain high standards of business practice. The post-holder will be expected to participate in developing Everwarm Quality Standards.
This job description may be altered from time to time to meet the changing business needs of the Company.
Role Overview and Responsibilities:
We are now looking for a fully experienced Estimator to join our team in the Bathgate office in Scotland.
If you are someone with a high level of drive, energy and initiative, proactive, focused, tenacious and committed, then this is the job for you.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Taking responsibility for the estimating process, ensuring tenders are prepared, reviewed and submitted accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ensuring that the tender risks in relation to all contracts are correctly identified and accounted for, and reviewing lost tenders to see why, how and where improvements can be made.
- To plan and organise the estimating workload to ensure that at all times it meets submission deadlines and qualitative objectives.
- To ensure that the company policies and procedures for the business are followed.
- In conjunction with the senior team, regularly reviewing supply chain performance and taking any action required.
- Developing and encouraging the competent use of a detailed database to maximise the efficient sourcing and collection of information to enable the production of accurate cost estimates.
- Liaise very regularly with senior team with regards to workload, procedures and business targets
Job title: Estimator
What we require from you:
- Experience (5 years desirable) of managing and coordinating an estimating process.
- HNC/HND preferably in a construction related subject.
- Experience of working in the construction industry.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Proficient use of all Microsoft packages.
- Able to negotiate and communicate well under pressurised environment.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary.
- Company pension.
- Access to company benefits such as Bike to Work scheme and child care vouchers.
- The opportunity to work for a highly reputable plc.
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist