Vacancy posted: Wednesday, 21 September 2016
Senior Estimator - DAB/ J11104 Glasgow £60000 to £67000 per annum Benefits: Company Car/Allowance, Pension, Holidays, Healthcare
If so then we want you to know that we have an exciting new opportunity for you.
Our client is one of the leading contractors within the Scottish market in terms of new project wins, sustained and projected long term growth and are becomming well known for being at the forefront of building innovations and technologies.
So how can we be of value to you in you next career move within the Scottish Construction Industry?
At Contract Scotland we're not just interested in filling this particular role, we want to get to know you properly and to understand what makes you tick. What are your aspirations and career goals? Once we know that, our team of Consultants can work together to advise you on which employers best match you - whether it's company culture, a big salary, location, challenging projects, work/life balance or something else that's most important.
Anyway, back to this particular job!
Why should I apply?
• To work for a distinguished multi-disciplinary contractor with offices in Scotland and over the UK
• You will be part of a team who deliver incredible projects in challenging conditions
• To join a secure employer who are continually growing a presence within the public and private sector
• Rewarded with a fantastic salary and remuneration package along with genuine opportunities for progression
Am I the ideal person?
You will have:
• Experience managing the process of estimating projects in the construction industry
• Relevant knowledge of of best practice solutions and optimisation of innovative ideas and an understanding of the principles of Lean Construction and 5D cost planning (desirable)
• An awareness of BIM, how to read and assemble models as well as producing appropriate reports
• A good understanding of pricing and quantification methods
• Good people management skills, being able to build relationships throughout the business as well being able to lead a team
• Excellent organisational, communication and time management skills
What does the job entail?
• Leading the bid process to ensure tender deliverables are produced in a timely and effective manner (where no big manager is appointed)
• Leading the estimating team, responsible for managing the workload and allocation of estimating resource within bid teams
• To undertake the role of Estimator in projects where required
• Understanding and leading the development of appropriate digital tool sets to perform cost take-off and other estimating activities
• Carrying out regualr Tender Health Checks and formal risk reviews to ensure risks are mitigated as far as possible in tender submission
• What qualifications do I need?
• Valid CSCS card
• Membership of a relevant professional body and/or relevant professional qualification such as RICS/CIOB/RIBA/ICE/CIBSE
Hopefully this role will be of interest to you, so please feel free to get in contact or send us your CV as part of a confidential conversation regarding the position and your ambitious future career plans.
Contract Scotland offers both the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
We can only deal with applications from Candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are current UK residents.
We are committed to equal opportunities and diversity for our employees, temporary workers and work seekers. Individuals are only assessed on their individual merits and suitability to a position irrespective of race, gender, disability, age, faith or sexual orientation.
Job Reference: J11104
Closing Date: 27 September 2016
About Contract Scotland
Founded in 1990, Contract Scotland is the longest established construction recruiter in Scotland. We supply staff to the Scottish construction industry on a temporary and permanent basis, we are recognised as trusted market leaders providing the highest quality service based on honesty and transparency. All our Consultants are salaried professionals, not working on heavily incentivised commission schemes and are put through the rigorous internal and external training to ensure you receive a personalised and truly consultative service . There is no candidate ownership on our company and we are measured on our ability to find you the right job.
|Contact Name||Contract Scotland|
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist