EstimatorVacancy posted: Friday, 23 September 2016
Salary: £28,000 - £32,000 Depending on experience.
Closing date: 07 October 2016
Due to continued growth within VQ Construction Ltd, we currently have a vacancy for an experienced Construction Estimator to join our growing team based in Hillington, Glasgow.
Your key responsibility as an Estimator will be to support the business in preparing accurate and competitive estimates & tenders to help win new work for the Company.
- Production of accurate and detailed estimates & quotations, including breakdown and cost analysis.
- Efficient and competitive procurement of materials and services as required, with supplier/sub-contractor prices checked & detailed Purchase Orders completed, detailing all relevant information regarding the work to be undertaken and timings to be met.
- To analyse enquiry documents for the issue of sub-contract packages.
- Assess labour costs, and price Preliminary elements, including compliance with all Management Systems, Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality Assurance Policies.
- Undertake any cost amendments in a timely manner.
- Prepare tender and final contract budgets.
- Undertake site surveys, attend site meetings with clients and any 3rd party contractors as appropriate.
- Manage and prepare tenders accurately, on-time and in line with tender specifications. Carry out tender surveys either individually or in conjunction with Senior Management.
- Proven experience of working in a construction and fit out environment.
- Adapts willingly, and is able to work to tight timelines, and maintain a high level of attention to detail
- Understanding of day-to-day matters arising within a Construction/Contracting environment and how to effectively resolve problems that arise.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels & IT literate
- Proven ability to work effectively across teams
- Strong influencing, negotiation & relationship management skills
The successful applicant will also benefit from a company vehicle & telephone.
VQ Construction are a dynamic, forward looking business, with a strong focus on the development of our staff. We actively encourage and support our staff towards ongoing professional development activities.
If you think you have the attributes to be a part of our growing Team, contact us today.
|Contact Name||Linda Fisher - Manager|
240 Carnegie Road
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
- Estimator - ConstructionPDA Search and Selection, glasgow
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist