Senior EstimatorVacancy posted: Monday, 24 October 2016
Salary: Up to £55 000 plus car / car allowance, pension and healthcare
Deanston Cooper is currently recruiting for a Senior Estimator to work for a highly profitable, privately owned civil engineering and groundworks contractor based in Glasgow. Estimating for a variety of commercial and residential groundworks projects, duties will include:
- Preparation of accurate and competitive cost estimates for a wide variety of civil engineering projects
- Reviewing and reporting on the Client’s Enquiry to enable a decision to bid.
- Building up an accurate cost estimate for the works in an elemental and analytical format.
- Preparing an accurate cost estimate for the indirect resources required to carry out the works in accordance with agreed programme & engineering requirements.
- Checking labour & plant resources accumulated in the cost estimate balance with those derived from the tender programme.
- Preparing & presenting the commercial aspects of the tender to the Directors for adjudication and approval.
- Prepare the commercial tender for submission to the Client.
- Managing handover to the delivery team.
The successful candidate will have experience working as an Estimator for another civil engineering or groundworks contractor and will have progressed their career from either a Site Engineering or Quantity Surveying background. You will:
- Be able to work to strict deadlines
- Be able to work on own initiative
- Be able to use analytical methods for rate build ups
- Have excellent communication skills
|Contact Name||Russell McCaig|
|Telephone||0141 637 9544|
70 West Regent Street
About Deanston Cooper
Deanston Cooper is a market leading consultancy providing recruitment and career management solutions to the Construction Industry in Scotland.
The company was started through a strong belief that even in today's overcrowded marketplace there was an opportunity for a different type of consultancy. One that operates with honesty and integrity, whilst having the knowledge, skills and credibility to guarantee success. For our clients this means being able to attract, recruit, retain and develop the best possible talent. For our candidates it's making sure their next career move is the right move.
We made our Mission: "Determined to be different"
And we have been behaving differently ever since.
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist