Senior EstimatorVacancy posted: Wednesday, 15 March 2017
Salary: Up to £55 000 plus car / car allowance, pension and healthcare
Deanston Cooper is currently recruiting for a Senior Estimator to work for a highly profitable, privately owned civil engineering and groundworks contractor based in Glasgow. Estimating for a variety of commercial and residential groundworks projects, duties will include:
- Preparation of accurate and competitive cost estimates for a wide variety of civil engineering projects
- Reviewing and reporting on the Client’s Enquiry to enable a decision to bid.
- Building up an accurate cost estimate for the works in an elemental and analytical format.
- Preparing an accurate cost estimate for the indirect resources required to carry out the works in accordance with agreed programme & engineering requirements.
- Checking labour & plant resources accumulated in the cost estimate balance with those derived from the tender programme.
- Preparing & presenting the commercial aspects of the tender to the Directors for adjudication and approval.
- Prepare the commercial tender for submission to the Client.
- Managing handover to the delivery team.
The successful candidate will have experience working as an Estimator for another civil engineering or groundworks contractor and will have progressed their career from either a Site Engineering or Quantity Surveying background. You will:
- Be able to work to strict deadlines
- Be able to work on own initiative
- Be able to use analytical methods for rate build ups
- Have excellent communication skills
|Contact Name||Russell McCaig|
|Telephone||0141 637 9544|
70 West Regent Street
About Deanston Cooper
At Deanston Cooper we are committed to investing time and energy to find the perfect role that is right for you. We offer a consultative approach, making sure we understand your current situation and aspirations, before putting together a recruitment plan which will ensure that you achieve your career goals.
As experts in the Scottish Construction Industry, we will use our vast network of contacts and credibility to make sure that you are considered for a range of on and off market opportunities. You will always be professionally represented, consulted at every stage of the process and given all the right information to ensure you maintain your competitive edge. It's why many candidates use us exclusively to manage their career.
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist