Senior EstimatorVacancy posted: Friday, 23 September 2016
Closing date: 07 October 2016
Job ref. no.: LCG/SECE-16
Company/Division: Lagan Construction Group Limited
Job type: Permanent – Full Time
Lagan Construction Group is a private family owned construction and asset management business founded on more than 50 years’ experience. We work across Ireland, the UK and internationally.
Our Vision is to be a diverse family owned construction and asset management business that will grow to be the most respected in the industry. Our mission is to provide construction and asset management solutions in an environment where people feel safe, secure and valued.
Due to the expansion of our Civil Engineering department, Lagan Construction Group are now recruiting for an Estimator.
To provide a professional and efficient and complete estimating service for all projects tendered by Lagan Construction Limited, ensuring that contracts can be won to meet the overall business and financial objectives of the Company.
What you'll do
The following reflect the main tasks associated with your position and are not intended to be exclusive or exhaustive
- Implement the strategy and systems of the Company, ensuring tenders are undertaken and prepared to the high quality standards that the Company reputation demands.
- Responsible for all aspects of the price compilation.
- Ensure all requirements of tender documentation are identified and included in tender cost.
- Resolution of all commercial issues and queries in consultation with Tender Team, Designers, Clients Representative, Sub Contractors and Suppliers as relevant.
- Carry out tender evaluations highlighting any pricing anomalies, exclusions, additions, specification qualifications or changes, provisional sum allowances, fixed price adjustments, risk considerations, contingencies.
- Participate in and advise on value engineering workshops identifying areas of potential cost improvement, researching and reporting on alternative solutions for materials and components.
- Prepare cash flows as part of tender review.
- Provide a professional approach to every stage of the tender process.
- Manage the progress of the price compilation and meet key dates within the formulation of the bid.
- Ensure that every aspect of the bid is evaluated from first principles.
- Check and confirm that the quantities being used are correct, ensure that a comprehensive pricing document is prepared for compilation of the tender project cost.
- Demonstrate that in terms of method, engineering and build-ability every aspect of the tender has been produced accurately and reflects the true cost of labour, plant and materials, for both direct and in-direct costs.
- Work and liaise closely with other members of the team, including Technical, Operations, Commercial, Legal, SHEQ and Safety departments in the preparations of tenders, ensuring the highest level of quality in the tender.
- Preparation of the tender deliverables to the exact requirements of the tender and ensure the tender is submitted within the deadlines specified.
- Presentation of the components of the tender to Senior Management in the Tender Review to allow the tender to be signed off prior to submission.
- Attend site visits and tender meetings to represent the Company and liaise with clients throughout the process.
- Review tender submissions including unsuccessful bids, ensuring that any problems are identified and solutions proposed and implemented.
- Where applicable, work alongside Joint Venture partners ensuring a professional estimating service is provided which meets the Company’s requirements.
- Any other responsibilities as required by the job function, ensuring the efficient and profitable operation of the business.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationship with the Technical team, especially Bid Managers, Estimators, Planners, Bid Writers, engineering and technical staff within the group and operations staff, particularly ensuring that progress relating to the estimating function is regularly relayed.
- Build effective working relationships with the other Lagan Construction Limited teams, both at head office and throughout the various geographical regions within which the company operates.
- As in all successful businesses, the instigation of good customer, client and supplier relationships are essential parts of the tendering process.
- Handling varied and diverse information and ensuring that the estimating process is thoroughly completed and submitted within required deadlines, to meet the objectives of the Company.
- Managing several projects at different tender stages at any one time.
- Building and maintaining effective working relationships with a diversity of internal and external contacts, ensuring that these are used in a professional manner to promote the reputation of the Company.
- Ensuring throughout the process of the preparation of the tender estimate and tender submission that the client reports the highest level of satisfaction, thus promoting the company and winning additional work.
What you'll bring
Minimum of 10 years engineering or quantity surveying experience gained within the civil engineering profession on site.
Minimum of 10 years’ experience estimating, commercial or Senior Management for civil engineering works.
In-depth knowledge of supply chains, competitors and markets.
Strong numeric ability and up to date knowledge of all relevant standard methods of measurement. Awareness of standard conditions of contract.
Excellent and proven analytical and commercial ability
Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Strong IT skills covering Microsoft Word and Excel.
An understanding of Microsoft Project and Estimating Software CCS (Candy).
Capable of meeting deadlines/timelines in a timely manner with sufficient time for review and quality assurance checks
Team player willing to help out colleagues and able to build relationships with internal and external team members to get support when needed.
Strong attention to detail, thoroughness and accuracy in preparation of tender documentation
Strong writing and presentational skills with efficient and clear use of language thereby ensuring high quality professional submissions.
Effective and motivated self-starter, enthusiastic and driven to succeed in his/her submissions.
Awareness of risk management issues and retaining focus in all tenders of the capability of the group to profitably deliver projects tendered for.
Fully flexible regarding travel, prepared to travel to site locations.
TENACITY - Ability to stay with a problem or line of thought until the matter is settled or the objective is no longer reasonably attainable; perseverance.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS - Awareness of other people and environment and own impact on these. Skilled with team members and external clients etc.
DECISIVENESS – Readiness to evaluate alternatives, make decisions and judgements, and to take action.
PLANNED & ORGANISED – Establish an efficient course of action for self and others that will allow attainment of deadlines and goals.
ENVIRONMENTAL AWARENESS - Awareness of changing economic, social and governmental environment likely to affect the job or the organisation. Well-informed breadth and diversity of business related knowledge.
CRITICAL THINKING - Ability to draw sound inferences from facts, recognise assumptions, discriminate between strong and weak arguments, reason logically,
DETAIL HANDLING - Tolerance for and ability to handle the details and paperwork associated with the job.
INITIATIVE - Actively influencing events rather than passively accepting; sees opportunities and acts on them. Originates action or ideas.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus we’ll provide a wide selection of lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Our Core Benefits include:
- Employer Pension Contribution
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Membership of relevant Institutions & Professional Bodies
- Life Assurance
- Health Cash Plans
- Childcare Vouchers
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Gym Membership
- Company Car/Car Allowance
- Private Medical Healthcare
Why work for us
Check out the Careers section of our Website for more information!
At Lagan Construction Group, we want everyone to feel welcome. That’s why we want you to know that we'll work with you to make the application process as smooth as possible. So please just let us know if you need any adjustments or support – we'll do whatever we can to help.
We wish you every success in your application to join Lagan Construction Group.
LAGAN CONSTRUCTION GROUP LIMITED ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITES EMPLOYER
|Contact Name||Paddy Willis|
|Telephone||028 90 455531|
21-23 Sydenham Road
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist