Data Centre Technician And Facility SupervisorVacancy posted: Friday, 9 September 2016
Closing date: 30 September 2016
Job ref. no.: VAC288
The purpose of this role is to ensure that our data centre facilities are used, run and maintained at the very highest levels as required in support of our Business Strategy.
To succeed, the role must concentrate on ensuring a very high level of procedural knowledge and adherence in all who use our facilities, from security personnel to engineers to customers. In order to do so, the role must also maintain those procedures and report on their effectiveness, keep up with best practice within industry, implement and maintain risk controls in line with our formal accreditation and deliver a highly professional and disciplined approach to managing our facilities.
To support this success, the Data Centre Technician and facilities supervisor will report to the Data Centre manager on all matters, and will have devolved authority from that role to maintain these standards throughout the facility, up to and including the provision of power and cooling to the racks, the physical security of the facilities and capacity planning within the data halls.
- Maintaining our Tier 3 status by careful inspection, planning and reporting of potential issues.
- Follow and adhere to robust access control process and procedures for customers, brightsolidemployees and 3rd parties. Observe and assist with the site security enforcement
- Point of contact for internal teams to facilitate and carry out Data Centre tours
- Perform tape changes, system monitoring, environment monitoring, remote / smart hands activities on behalf of customers, 3rd parties and other brightsolid technical teams as required
- Racking of Switches, Routers and network hardware
- Respond, action and resolve requests/faults logged both internally and externally
- Assist with the installation and implementation of customer equipment, customer tests or project support where required
- Responsible for the availability of and capacity management of the power, space, cooling, footprint and PDU capacity.
- Good conduct of the of all Policies.
- Leadership of the Security Guard Team.
- Developing and carrying out the agreed SOPs needed to effectively operate the Data centre.
- The reporting and recording of physical DC metrics of interest, including Temp, Humidity, alarms and power used.
- Running of the goods received process, including the logging of new assets into the configuration management database.
- The knowledge and management of the maintenance schedules for all M&E and DC supporting equipment.
- Management of the grounds and outside structures.
- Maintain all Information Security policies.
- Act as first line of communication to the receptionist
- Assist in ensuring correct cover is arranged whilst receptionist is off.
- Responding to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise.
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist