Electricial Service ManagerVacancy posted: Monday, 10 October 2016
Salary: £39600 - £40600 per annum + Pension + Company Benefits
Closing date: 24 October 2016
Job ref. no.: ESMEDI16
Are you a experienced electrical service manager, who has great organisation & communication skills, that performs well when under pressure and enjoys working in a fast pass environment, then we have a fantastic opportunity for you.
One of Scotland's largest FM Contracts within the health-care sector are currently looking for a Electrical Service Manager based in Edinburgh on a full time bases to join there growing team.
- Assist Engineering Services Manager during absence from site as directed by Senior Management team.
- Plan and schedule all planned preventative maintenance activities for buildings, plant and equipment using the Maximo system, with consideration to statute, Regulations, ACOP's and Guidance (HTM's).
- Undertake negotiations with subcontractors and suppliers to provide a cost effective service with reference to the contract SLA's.
- Responsible for specific elements of budgetary control and give additional assist with financial controls with reference to departmental budgetary control, stock, contracts etc.
- Ensuring that all staff and subcontractor's response and rectification times are met and repairs are undertaken diligently, with due care and without undue delay.
- Regularly meet with directly employed staff (collectively irrespective of their trade function and individually), subcontractors and suppliers to discuss performance.
- Responsible for the safety of Electrical plant, equipment and infrastructure and for safe working practices.
- Ensure that the integrity of the systems are achieved i.e. HV/LV, IPS, Nurse Call, etc.
- Ensure adherence to all Statutory Standards and Regulations and Department of Health requirements.
- Involvement in the process of tendering contracts and the selection of new sub-contractors and suppliers through liaison with the management team.
- Attend as required Health & Safety forums with staff and the client on a regular basis.
- Contribute to ensure that plant and equipment data and information is delivered in an accurate and timely manner to enable Life-cycle Planning to be developed.
- Assist in the Production of condition surveys and subsequent action plans in a timely manner allowing milestone targets and goals to be achieved.
- Responsible for bringing to the attention of the Engineering Services Manager and all Senior Management any unsafe working conditions, working practices, unsafe plant or equipment encountered during the execution of duties.
- Responsible for the execution of any other estates and facilities related duties in an emergency/urgent situation, as directed by the Engineering Services Manager or Senior Management team.
- Participate as a member of the Technical Team by achieving Authorised Person (AP) status in one or more disciplines as required and directed by Senior Management Team.
- Responsible for participating in the 'on call' rota as and when required, after suitable training and relevant experience is gained.
- Responsible for supervision and participating in a 'recall to work' procedure for emergency repairs as required when not on call.
- Responsible for undertaking flexible working practices across the whole range of estates services. This will include electrical, mechanical, plumbing, cleaning, building etc. - duties as directed by the Site management Team.
- Responsible for undertaking work in any other building/property/location as required.
- To attend and participate in Training courses as required and to undertake any training in the future as may be required to ensure the duties of the post are effectively carried out or as required by the Senior Management team.
- Deliver training to staff on relevant subjects as appropriate to experience is gained (e.g. tool box talks & trade specific subject matter).
- Responsible for liaising with other Managers.
- Responsible for the maintenance and operation of services to the site including supervision of contractors.
- To assist in establishing and monitoring systems to ensure that maintenance standards are to the optimum with the resources available.
- Responsible for advising management where there is a demonstrable shortfall in resources to meet the standards required for patient environment and to meet legislation requirements.
- Responsible for first line management with regards to all H.R and H&S policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the action and validation of time sheets, on-call sheet, leave requests and general personnel issues.
- To ensure compliance with all company policies relating to receipt/storage, economic use of goods and services.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as required, as directed management.
- This job description represents an outline of the responsibilities of the post and may be amended following consultation with the post holder.
- All employees must comply with company policies and procedures, including:Health & Safety Awareness, Full Drivers Licence and Non smoking on site.
- Recognised Electrical qualifications.
- Previous demonstrable experience in a maintenance role.
- HNC preferred.
- Previous Health-care working experience.
Knowledge & Experience
- Ample post qualifying relevant experience in an Estate Function or similar maintenance role, preferably with supervisory experience, good communication skills, and flexible attitude to work situations.
- Familiarity with the health-care sector, and day to day operation and maintenance of varying types of health-care building/premises.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
|Contact Name||Bilal Miah|
About Randstad CPE
Randstad CPE's (formerly Hill McGlynn & BBT) sole focus is Construction Property and Engineering Recruitment, operating across all sectors and at all levels in the UK and internationally. We have built a successful business over the last 30 years because we develop long term, high value relationships with people and we deliver customer satisfaction time after time in an intensely competitive market.
With an impressive track record in construction recruitment, an award winning website, accreditation to Investors In People, Link UP and ISO 9001 coupled with Sunday Times Top 100 Company status, Randstad CPE is perfectly placed to be your recruitment partner both now and into the future.
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist