Strategic Operations ManagerVacancy posted: Friday, 13 January 2017
Salary: £54K ( pro rata )
Job ref. no.: UK753376
Our client is seeking an Interim Strategic Operations Manager. Reporting to the Head of Estates, this is a critical role in the success of all aspects of the clients work.
- This role leads a professional team, Prince 2 guidance and site information in the development and implementation of 5 year capital works programmes.
- It establishes the site standards to achieve consistency and to optimise further maintenance and operating costs. It oversees the interfaces between capital projects and the rest of the Operational business, including Estates Operations to alleviate, business disruption, safety risk and any contravention of engineering standards.
- To assist the development of the projects in terms of identifying critical works and the project impact on business operations and continuity.
- The role will support the design teams and stakeholders in the development of the projects and their scopes/briefs.
- It will be responsible for developing and managing the handover to Capital Projects, commissioning and handing back of projects and installations to the maintenance service.
- It will liaise with Estates Operations and FM contracts regarding isolations, permits to work, plant room access and handing back of project works. It will further support the Estates Operations Manager in the removal and addition of assets that fall under the maintenance contract.
- The role will provide project communication, where required between the key internal stakeholders and capital projects teams in order to facilitate the smooth integration of the works with the operational business.
- It will collate and manage all site wide data and Estate information – condition surveys, forward maintenance register, asset registers, CAD drawings etc.
- The role will take a key strategic lead in the development of an asset maintenance strategy that will form the basis of future asset and building management on both sites, facilitating maintenance standards and financial certainty with regard to capital replacement.
Education and Experience
- Proven engineering and infrastructure experience of managing, building and maintaining a wide range of engineering assets on a complex multi-function site
- Minimum Electrical or Mechanical C&G qualification/apprenticeship and formal managerial qualification
- Proven ability to develop, maintain and communicate site data bases and information
- Proven track record of collaborating with stakeholders and project managers in providing sound workable solutions to isolating works for project/asset replacement
- Accuracy and attention to detail in verbal and written communication
- Proven experience of budget responsibility at least £2m per annum.
- Proven experience of successful stakeholder relationship management
- Good knowledge of engineering infrastructure on a complex multi-functional heritage estate
- Good knowledge and experience of relevant good practise and engineering disciples taking into account health and safety, business continuity, risk, reputation management and project management
Please note you will receive an automated response advising you that we have received your CV.
Hudson is a leading provider of permanent recruitment, contract professionals and talent management solutions worldwide.
|Contact Name||Roddy McCallum|
|Telephone||0141 227 9112|
|Address||130 St Vincent Street
Hudson Construction & Property is a team of specialist recruitment consultants within Hudson - a global talent solutions company. We help transform the workplace and unleash the full potential of organisations and individuals. Whether you're actively looking for your next job within Construction & Property or just considering your options, we're here to help.Company profile View all jobs with Hudson Construction & Property
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist