Senior Design Engineer (Fire and Security)Vacancy posted: Friday, 16 September 2016
Job ref. no.: AK20
Brightwork Ltd are currently recruiting for a talented Senior Design Engineer (Fire and Security)
Our client provides energy, safety and environmentally focused solutions across multi-technical and support services. The role is within our client's Fire and Security division. Glasgow
To ensure that enquiries are dealt with to the satisfaction of the client with a view to enhancing the turnover and profitability of the business.
Aims and objectives
To ensure that product is selected that will meet the requirements of the project while maintaining best net cost while ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- To ensure that the quality and quantity of output is of sufficient standard and complies with the company/ commercial tendering policies and procedures.
- Evaluate tender enquiries and documents for risk. Provide technical support and advice to design team.
- Advise team on opportunities, pricing, value engineering.
- Assist on decision making with regards to selective tendering.
- Assist with commercial strategies in relation to applied margin.
- Ensure lowest net cost possible for each project. Provide general training and guidance to the design team in developing skills, knowledge and commercial awareness.
- Maintain a close working relationship with operations thus ensuring smooth transition between order received and contract completion.
- Attend pre-start meetings representing the Sales and Design Department.
- Maintain a sound working knowledge of current developments within the industry and promote the company as a leader within the sector.
To be considered for this role you must have experience of successfully working within a similar position
- Experience in a Sales / Estimating position
- Have a good understanding of the fire and security standards and guidelines.
- Commercial aptitude
- Previous team leadership experience
- Degree qualified in design engineering
Our client is offering a competitive salary within a first class working environment.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Alan on 0141 272 8133
Candidate referral scheme - ¦ refer a friend or colleague and earn up to £ 200 worth of vouchers of your choice.
|Contact Name||Alan Kenny|
|Telephone||0141 272 8133|
|Contact Instructions||For more information please contact Alan Kenny Tel :- 0141 272 8133|
Brightwork Ltd. offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist