Associate DirectorVacancy posted: Tuesday, 18 October 2016
Job ref. no.: AK23
Brightwork recruitment are recruiting for an Associate Director (Civils) to join our client based in Glasgow.
Our client who is a leading UK Construction Firm are looking to add to their already successful team. If successful, you will be responsible for the delivery of a wide and diverse range of projects including the residential, transport, healthcare, education & commercial sectors.
Reporting to the Director and Civils Director, you will lead the Civils team in the Glasgow office. There will be a large element of Business Development within this role which will include pursuing new opportunities, work-winning and proactively developing client relationships.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Act as Project Director/Manager as necessary, with a responsibility for delivering projects within timescale, budget constraints and quality expectations
- Manage the workload, including the technical and commercial management, of an experienced team of civil/ infrastructure engineers
- Work with private and public sector clients, architects, planners and other property professionals
- Establishing new clients and developing existing client relationships through excellent project delivery and repeat business
- Assisting with identifying leads and participating in converting them into confirmed work
- Identify and respond to opportunities, prepare fee proposals for submission to clients, including resourcing and programming of workload
- Assist in the development and implementation of business strategies
- Undertake Health & Safety duties including ensuring a safe and healthy working environment
- Set up projects and allocate budgets to work stages, manage project finances and client interaction
- Actively participating in developing the UK practice including technical excellence, culture, procedures, professional development and continuous improvement.
Qualifications & Experience
- Must have experience in the delivery of all infrastructure aspects of projects from both a technical approval and client viewpoint
- Experience within the house building sector and how it operates will be advantageous
- Technical understanding of the use of PDS and Micro Drainage
- Knowledge of all approval processes including RCC, Section 56, SEPA and Scottish Water requirements.
- Proven experience in a Management role
- Financial & risk awareness to the Business
- Bachelor of Engineering - Civil, Structural or equivalent
- Chartered status with ICE, IStructE or equivalent (desirable)
The successful candidates will be offered a generous package.
If you are interested in this role or know someone that would be suited to this, please send CV's to or call 0141 272 8133
Candidate referral scheme Good people like you know good people- ¦ refer a friend or colleague and earn up to £ 100 worth of vouchers of your choice.
|Contact Name||Alan Kenny|
|Telephone||0141 272 8133|
|Contact Instructions||For more information please contact Alan Kenny Tel :- 0141 272 8133|
Brightwork Ltd. offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist