Principle Structural EngineerVacancy posted: Tuesday, 18 October 2016
Job ref. no.: AK24
Brightwork recruitment are recruiting for a Principle Structural Engineer to join our client based in Glasgow. The ideal candidate will be chartered or nearing chartered status and SER certification would be an advantage although not essential.
You will be responsible for the managing a wide and diverse range of projects including residential, educational, healthcare & commercial sectors including allocated resources such as senior engineers, graduates and technicians. To oversee the day to day running of projects, attend project meetings, be the daily contact for the client, contractor and other project consultants and technical lead for the design team
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare fee proposals for senior management approval, including resources and programme.
- Manage projects from inception through to completion. within timescale, budget constraints and quality expectations.
- Responsible in leading the quality and the timely delivery of multiple projects running concurrently, including the preparation of the Design Scope of work as well as the technical designs of projects.
- Manage the workload and oversee technical and commercial management of a small team.
- Develop detailed methodologies, delegating preparation of tasks as appropriate.
- Oversee the response to design queries during construction phase and attend site meetings.
- Set up projects and allocate budgets to work stages.
- Ensure financial data is up to date and co-ordinate the timely and correct issuing of invoices.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly project workload and fee forecasts.
- Mentor junior engineers and graduates.
- Ensure that all project related documentation is kept in compliance to the Business Management systems, processes, and procedures.
- Take an active role in the development of the Structures Division with a view to expanding its client base.
Required qualifications, skills and knowledge
- Educated to a degree level in a Civil / Structural Engineering.
- Ideally Chartered or near Chartered Status (MIStructE or MICE).
- At least ten years' varied experience as a structural engineer on all common forms of construction and building types.
- Proficient in the use of structural analysis and design software including CSC Fastrak, Tekla Structural Designer, TEDDS and SCALE.
The successful candidates will be offered a generous package.
If you are interested in this role or know someone that would be suited to this, please send CV's to or call 0141 272 8133
Candidate referral scheme Good people like you know good people- ¦ refer a friend or colleague and earn up to £ 100 worth of vouchers of your choice.
|Contact Name||Alan Kenny|
|Telephone||0141 272 8133|
|Contact Instructions||For more information please contact Alan Kenny Tel :- 0141 272 8133|
Brightwork Ltd. offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist