HSE ManagerVacancy posted: Saturday, 17 September 2016
Job ref. no.: LCG/HSETB/16
Company/Division: Lagan Building Contractors Limited
Job type: Permanent– Full Time
Lagan Construction Group is a private family owned construction and asset management business founded on more than 50 years’ experience. We work across Ireland, the UK and internationally.
Our Vision is to be a diverse family owned construction and asset management business that will grow to be the most respected in the industry. Our mission is to provide construction and asset management solutions in an environment where people feel safe, secure and valued.
Lagan Construction Group are now recruiting for a HSE Manager.
To assist in the development and implementation of the HSEQ programme, policies and procedures within the Company.
What you'll do
The following reflect the main tasks associated with your position and are not intended to be exclusive or exhaustive
- Ensure compliance with all current legislation in relation to HSE in the workplace, and to provide updates on legislation and regulations, and their implementation, as appropriate.
- Coordinate and assist in the development and implementation of good practice HSEQ procedures and policies within the Company.
- Preparation of HSEQ tender submissions liaising with the relevant bid managers, if required.
- When required lead HSEQ committee meetings and assist in developing action plans and programmes for addressing issues identified. Ensure that minutes are taken to ensure actions are circulated to appropriate personnel.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with regulatory bodies and appropriate Groups and committees appropriate to Company activities.
- Provide assistance and guidance to staff to ensure Company policy and procedures are clearly understood and implemented.
- Assist in the development and delivery of internal training programmes.
- Assume the role of internal auditor to monitor compliance of HSEQ management systems.
- Assist in the implementation and monitoring of the HSEQ management systems to maintain external accreditations.
- Carry out incident investigations, maintaining proper records and liaising with regulatory authorities, when required.
- Coordinate and develop occupational health provision for Company staff.
- Coordinate and assist with the training and development of staff to ensure minimum standards are in place.
What you'll bring
As HSE Manager your main skills and experience will include:
- Qualification in a relevant subject related to industrial health and safety management – preferably the NEBOSH Diploma in Health and Safety Management.
- Membership of IOSH or equivalent to a minimum of GradIOSH status.
- The ability to develop HSEQ systems which meet the standards expected by external accreditation bodies, but which reflect the nature of the Company, and the practical implementation within the workplace.
- At least 5 years management experience in similar compliance based role.
- Adaptability – Maintain effectiveness in a variety of roles and job tasks.
- Compliance – Adhere to company policy and procedures. Seeks approval from correct authority for changes. Strive for consistency.
- Independence – Takes actions based on own convictions rather than a desire to please others. Is willing to question the current practices.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus we’ll provide a wide selection of lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Our Core Benefits include:
- Employer Pension Contribution
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Membership of relevant Institutions & Professional Bodies
- Life Assurance
- Health Cash Plans
- Childcare Vouchers
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Gym Membership
- Company Car/Car Allowance & Fuel Card
- Private Medical Healthcare
Why work for us
Check out the Careers section of our Website for more information!
At Lagan Construction Group, we want everyone to feel welcome. That’s why we want you to know that we'll work with you to make the application process as smooth as possible. So please just let us know if you need any adjustments or support – we'll do whatever we can to help.
We wish you every success in your application to join Lagan Construction Group.
LAGAN CONSTRUCTION GROUP LIMITED ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITES EMPLOYER
|Contact Name||Paddy Willis|
|Telephone||028 90 455531|
21-23 Sydenham Road
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist