Quality ManagerVacancy posted: Saturday, 17 September 2016
Closing date: 01 October 2016
Job ref. no.: LCG/QMTB/16
Company/Division: Lagan Construction Limited
Job type: Permanent – Full Time
Lagan Construction Group is a private family owned construction and asset management business founded on more than 50 years’ experience. We work across Ireland, the UK and internationally.
Our Vision is to be a diverse family owned construction and asset management business that will grow to be the most respected in the industry. Our mission is to provide construction and asset management solutions in an environment where people feel safe, secure and valued.
Lagan Construction Group are now recruiting for a Quality Manager.
To provide efficient and effective professional management of civil engineering projects, providing profitability of contract operations, within allocated region
What you'll do
- Ensure that processes needed for the Quality Management System (QMS) are established, implemented and maintained in accordance with the Lagan Construction Group Ltd. Quality Manual and the Contract Requirements.
- Produce and maintain Quality Documentation in accordance with ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 10005:2005.
- Report to senior site management on the performance of the QMS and any need for improvement.
- Ensure the promotion of awareness of customer requirements throughout the site team.
- Liaise with the external assessment body on all matters related to the external accreditation process.
- Ensure that a document control procedure is adopted to approve, review and update all changes to critical documents within the scope of the QMS.
- Ensure that records are established and maintained to provide evidence that the QMS is being followed and that there is a system in place for the identification, storage, protection, retrieval, retention time and disposition of such records.
- Review designs performed by others, prepare submittals and manage same through the approval process.
- Oversee the remediation of defective work and the prompt close-out of non-conformances.
- Ensure that the performance of the QMS is reviewed at planned intervals to ensure its continuing suitability, adequacy and effectiveness. This review means assessing opportunities for improvement and the need for changes to the QMS.
- Ensure that Quality Objectives are set by senior site management for measuring the performance of the QMS and that these are regularly reviewed.
- Ensure that all new staff are inducted into the requirements of the QMS related to their own roles and responsibilities. Provide and update training as necessary.
- Ensure that all suppliers used by the Company are selected, evaluated and re-evaluated and that records of this assessment are maintained.
- Ensure that senior management undertake periodic but regular assessments of customer satisfaction and those consequent improvements are identified and implemented.
- Ensure that an internal audit programme is adopted to verify that the QMS conforms to planned arrangements, QMS arrangements and is effectively implemented and maintained. Ensure that appropriate action is taken when this is not the case.
- Efficiently manage the timely close-out of audit findings.
- Co-ordinate continual improvements of the QMS, ensuring that evidence of corrective and preventive actions taken are recorded and reviewed.
- Liaise with other managers and staff throughout the site team to ensure that the QMS is functioning properly.
- Attend supervision, training and meetings as required.
What you'll bring
As a Quality Manager your main skills and experience will include:
- Degree in engineering or construction management.
- Experience and proven track record working in a senior quality role within a civil engineering Company.
- Auditor certification to ISO 9001:2008.
- Knowledge of a wide range of construction materials, methods and techniques.
- Excellent knowledge of relevant ISO standards and practical application.
- Experience of delivery of Quality training.
- Proven ability to influence and promote a positive Quality culture.
- Ability to express ideas clearly in verbal and written formats.
- Relevant IT skills covering Microsoft packages, web based document management systems, email, etc.
- Excellent time management, planning, organization and prioritization skills.
- Ability to influence and motivate others
- Fully flexible to travel internationally
- Full valid driving licence
- High level of business pragmatism and understanding
- Membership of recognised professional body
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus we’ll provide a wide selection of lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Our Core Benefits include:
- Employer Pension Contribution
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Membership of relevant Institutions & Professional Bodies
- Life Assurance
- Health Cash Plans
- Childcare Vouchers
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Gym Membership
- Company Car/Car Allowance & Fuel Card
Why work for us
Check out the Careers section of our Website for more information!
At Lagan Construction Group, we want everyone to feel welcome. That’s why we want you to know that we'll work with you to make the application process as smooth as possible. So please just let us know if you need any adjustments or support – we'll do whatever we can to help.
To apply for this post please see our company website: wish you every success in your application.
LAGAN CONSTRUCTION GROUP LIMITED ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITES EMPLOYER
|Contact Name||Paddy Willis|
|Telephone||028 90 455531|
21-23 Sydenham Road
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist