Health & Safety ManagerVacancy posted: Monday, 24 October 2016
Salary: Up to £52 000 plus car allowance, pension, healthcare and bonus
Deanston Cooper is current recruiting for a Health and Safety Manager to work for a highly successful regional building contractor based in Glasgow. The company specialise in new build and refurb projects up to £5 million across the Central Belt.
- Providing Company Directors and Divisional Management with advice in relation to relevant UK health, safety & environmental legislation and how it affects the Company operations;
- Ensuring that Company policy and procedures are held under continuous review in order that they comply with current health, safety and environmental legislation, good practice and drive the Company culture to ensure continual improvement;
- Developing the Company supply chain to ensure only competent contractors are permitted to work on projects and are closely monitored through site inspections.
- Ensuring that all projects are audited and reports are issued to Management;
- Ensuring that all incidents, including accidents / near miss incidents and environmental incidents are investigated, reports completed and lessons learnt and communicated throughout the Company;
- Providing detailed reports to the Company Directors on the performance of the Company in relation to stated targets and objectives;
- Assisting the bid team to ensure that health, safety and environmental issues are fully recognised and detailed in bids.
Applications are welcome from candidates with:
- NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent
- At least 5 years experience working in a similar role within the construction industry
- Excellent communication and report writing skills
|Contact Name||Russell McCaig|
|Telephone||0141 637 9544|
70 West Regent Street
About Deanston Cooper
Deanston Cooper is a market leading consultancy providing recruitment and career management solutions to the Construction Industry in Scotland.
The company was started through a strong belief that even in today's overcrowded marketplace there was an opportunity for a different type of consultancy. One that operates with honesty and integrity, whilst having the knowledge, skills and credibility to guarantee success. For our clients this means being able to attract, recruit, retain and develop the best possible talent. For our candidates it's making sure their next career move is the right move.
We made our Mission: "Determined to be different"
And we have been behaving differently ever since.
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist