Health and Safety AdvisorVacancy posted: Monday, 19 September 2016
Closing date: 03 October 2016
Job ref. no.: 910394
910394 - Health and Safety Advisor
Our client is a construction provider of engineering solutions for rail, roads, maritime, water, and land remediation.
They are currently recruiting for the position of Health and Safety Advisor, based in Inverness.
- Advise upon and update the client Group Health and Safety Policy, systems and procedures
- Supporting managers and employees to implement the health and safety systems, including delivery of objectives and plans
- Carrying out risk assessments
- Advising and assist on all Health and Safety issues
- Undertaking incident/accident investigation and report writing for all accidents, incidents and dangerous occurrences
- Maintenance and analysis of accident reports and statistics
- Ensuring that arrangements are in place to protect visitors and others using any company premises or sites
- Instigating health and safety meetings for managers and employees
- Keeping up to date and ensuring compliance with current health and safety legislation
Skills and Experience
- Candidates must have previous experience working in a Safety/HSE role within a construction company
- Demonstrable experience in a health and safety advisory role
- Excellent HS&E legal knowledge and practical application
- Experience of advising in a multi-site environment
- Proven ability to influence and promote a positive safety culture
- Ability to work and influence at all levels in the organisation
- Excellent interpersonal and customer facing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work flexibly and under own initiative to achieve objectives
This is a contract position.
The rate for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 910394.
|Contact Name||Laura Campbell|
|Telephone||+44 (0)1463 230860|
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist