Regional SHE ManagerVacancy posted: Tuesday, 11 October 2016
Job ref. no.: 1574/16
Who are we?
Robertson is one of the largest independently owned construction, infrastructure and support services companies in the UK. We have reached our 50th year of trading in better shape than ever, with a strong confirmed order book, diverse income streams and a dedicated, expert workforce.
Covering the entire built environment lifecycle, we operate throughout the UK, with offices across Scotland and the North and Midlands of England.
Robertson comprises 21 businesses, directly employing over 1900 people. A strong entrepreneurial culture – built on the foundations of innovation, productivity and sustainability – permeates the group.
Although we encompass a variety of separate businesses and capabilities, we are one group with a common goal: working together to transform communities.
This role will be working for Robertson Group based at our head office, Robertson House, Stirling.
What you’ll do as Regional SHE Manager;
Provide personnel across the business with advice, guidance and support services on SHE related matters, as well as undertaking a corporate governance role on behalf of the senior management teams.
The successful candidate will liaise with business heads to ensure there is a common understanding about priorities and initiatives across the Robertson Group as a whole, the individual businesses and the SHE support needed to deliver these.
What you'll need to apply:
- Provide SHE related advice, guidance and support to personnel from all parts of the Robertson Group who operate within the geographic area of responsibility
- Monitor that SHE policies are being adhered to, that prescribed procedures are being followed, and that legislative requirements are being met
- Undertake visits and audits to sites, and investigate accidents, incidents, near misses and dangerous occurrences
- Monitor and report on delivery of SHE related training
- Preparing SHE related reports.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of the HSEQ challenges faced by multiple-site management
- Experience of health and safety, environmental or quality system auditing
- Membership of an appropriate professional body
- In-depth knowledge of risks within the full construction cycle is essential
- NEBOSH Diploma in SH&E (or equivalent)
- Health and Safety or environmental management related degree would be desirable
- Significant exposure to the Construction industry
- Knowledge of SHE matters within a Facilities Management environment would be advantageous
- Excellent communicator and team player
- Committed and proactive individual
- Proficient IT user including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Knowledge of OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 is essential
- Valid driving license
Stirling, however travel to sites and other offices is required, and overnight stays may be necessary
Monday – Friday, 08:30 – 17:00, with regular travel to various sites
Robertson Group is an equal opportunities employer
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist