Vacancy posted: Wednesday, 31 August 2016
PAINTER AND DECORATOR
You will show initiative, be able to prioritise your work load and be able to work on your own. You will also be well presented and polite as some customer interaction is inevitable.
- Experience of working as a painter and decorator
- Experience of working in a customer service environment
- Excellent level of English - written and oral
- Can demonstrate knowledge of different types of paints and finishes
- Can demonstrate knowledge of basic decorating techniques
- Can demonstrate knowledge of basic filling techniques
- Good health & safety awareness in relation to working with hazardous substances, working to heights and appropriate risk assessments.
- Can demonstrate ability to deal with face-to-face and telephone customer enquiries
- Has knowledge of different types of paints and finishes and demonstrated a high level of finishing using various decorating techniques.
- Has the ability to competently deal with contractors in absence of the Maintenance Manager
- Can demonstrate an understanding of Room PPMs
Established in 1996, Apex Hotels is one of the UK's leading operators of contemporary 4* city centre hotels. Apex Hotels is a family owned Scottish company based in Edinburgh, London, Glasgow and Dundee operating with a mission to provide chic and stylish destination properties in key markets across the UK. Customer service is the primary focus for all members of the Apex Hotel team. The company has a reputation for providing a 'friendly face' to all guests and aims to provide positive opportunities for interaction with staff at every property.
- Pension scheme operated by The People’s Pension
- Employee assistance programme
- Critical illness cover
- Employee reward scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Free meals when on duty
- Use of gym &pool facilities(where available)
- Taxi contribution if you’re starting early or finishing late
- Restaurant & spa discount
- Guest experience overnight stay
- Employee of the Month scheme
If you wish to be considered for this superb opportunity click ‘apply’. You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Job Reference: 2228