Painter And DecoratorVacancy posted: Tuesday, 20 September 2016
Closing date: 03 October 2016
We are seeking a time served painter and decorator with City and Guilds or other relevant qualifications and an all-round knowledge of the trade.
Reporting to the Estates Manager, you will be required to work in a team environment in completing planned and reactive painting works to a high standard.
This is a full time permanent salaried position and benefits include a non-contributory pension scheme, meals whilst on duty, free parking and Health Club Membership.
The Maintenance Painter will report to the Estates Manager and the main duties will include:
• General painting works of a high standard throughout the College, partly on a planned basis and partly reactive maintenance;
• Running and operating the painter’s workshop to current standards and regulations;
• Supporting other members of the department;
• Undertaking other non-skilled/semi-skilled tasks;
• There will be some involvement in maintenance and project planning and supervision of on-site contractors. You will also be responsible for the general upkeep of work areas, tools and equipment.
The hours of work are as follows:
8am – 4.30 Monday – Thursday
8am – 3.30 Friday
8am – 12.00 alternate Saturdays
• You will be a time served painter and decorator with City and Guilds or other relevant qualifications;
• You will offer a wealth of prior experience and an all-round knowledge of the trade;
• You will have an awareness and understanding in adhering to general workplace Health and Safety measures (including Working at Heights and safe Manual Handling procedures). Possession of Training Certificates in relation to Health and Safety would be desirable;
• A clean driving license is desirable but not essential.
• Ability to work within a positive team environment.
Any offer of employment at Fettes College is subject to satisfactory references beingobtained from a minimum of two referees and a clean report being obtained on you from the Disclosure Scotland PVG Scheme in respect of regulated work with children.
Closing date for applications is 12 noon on Monday 3rd October 2016 with interviews taking place on Thursday 6th or Friday 7th October 2016.
|Contact Name||Christine Scott|
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist