PlumberVacancy posted: Monday, 12 September 2016
Salary: Highly Competitive + Benefits
Closing date: 07 October 2016
Maintain and repair, domestic water systems, drains, sewers, LPG equipment, and kitchen equipment, throughout the Resort.
Work within the role of a Team Member of the Facilities Department, calling for assistance from, and providing assistance to, other Team Members as requested.
Assume the position of "Duty Plumber" out with normal working hours on a shift rota basis
KEY RESULT AREAS AND OUTPUTS
* To minimise equipment "downtime", maintain required stock levels of equipment spare parts, and consumable stores
* Maintain regular contact with suppliers representatives to obtain most effective cost for optimum order size
* Must be conversant in BMS controls and comfortable making changes/interrogating various AHU & AC settings
DOMESTIC WATER SYSTEMS
* Minimise the number of defect repairs required by carrying out planned maintenance to all domestic water systems including showers, baths, WCs, WHBs, Kitchen water systems.
* Carry out general plumbing repairs - sinks, taps etc..
* Clearing blocked toilets, sinks, drainage systems and drains etc.
* Quarterly cleaning of shower heads.
* Clearing and maintaining guttering.
DRAINS and SEWERS
* Carry out repairs and inspections of surface water drains, foul drains, and sewers, from all areas of the Resort to the Sewage Plant, to ensure satisfactory and legal disposal of waste and foul water.
WELDING and METALWORK
* Carry out welding and metal work repairs which are within the capability of the equipment available within the company, or can be hired, to repair defective machinery and equipment
PUMPS and MACHINERY
* To ensure satisfactory operation of systems, maintain and repair pumps and equipment associated with the Swimming Pool, Sewage Plant, Sewage Pumping Stations, Heating Circulation Pumps, Domestic Hot and Cold Water Circulation Pumps
Qualifications & Skills Required:
- Appropriate qualifications in Mechanical Services Plumbing, inc: Hot & Cold Water Supplies; Pressure Systems and Electrical Systems
- Strong Health & Safety Awareness of best practice
- Certificate in Legionella Management Procedures
- Full Clean Driving Licence
- Asbestos Awareness
- Experienced in Spot Welding
- Competent operator of Mobile Boom and Platforms
- Flexible approach to working patterns as this is a five days over seven working week requiring some weekend working on a shift system.
- Customer focused approach given nature of the environment and potential level of Guest contact.
About Gleneagles Hotel
Set in an 850 acre resort of beautiful countryside in the heart of Scotland, The Britsh School of Falconry occupies a unique place within the Gleneagles Resort, widely regarded as the perfect setting for one of the most luxurious destination resorts in the world. In addition to the exctiment of handling some of natures most fascinating birds of prey, the British School of Falconry is home to the worlds only Gundog Training School, as well as making available exceptional Off Roading and Amphibious driving experiences. The British School of Falconry aims to exceed the most passionate enthusiasts expectations for outdoor recreational pursuits.
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
- Administrative AssistantThe Educational Institute of Scotland, edinburgh
- Customer Service Advisor (Part Or Full Time) - Home BasedSensee, can-be-based-anywhere
- Customer Advisor BT, glasgow
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist