Initial Accomodation Housing OfficerVacancy posted: Tuesday, 18 October 2016
Salary: £18,000 - £20,000 p/a
Job ref. no.: MA(LEC)
Are you looking to take the next step in your career? Do you want to work with a dynamic accommodation business?
We have the perfect opportunity for you!
Orchard & Shipman Glasgow Limited is not your average accommodation business. We provide accommodation and support services to asylum seekers entering the UK on behalf of the UKVI. If you’re up for a challenge, then read on!
You’ll be responsible for providing a high level of customer service to all our customers. You’ll be highly organised and confident and enjoy working in a fast paced environment.
If you feel you have the right experience, preferably gained within a property management environment and you’re up for the challenge we would love to hear from you!
- Moving Service Users into and out of accommodation
- Service User induction and orientation ensuring that the service user understands the occupancy agreement. To include the completion of all relevant administration duties.
- Issuing keys and the completion of associated paperwork.
- Property Inspections
- Service User Transfers
- The resolution of Breach of Tenancy issues
- The resolution of any Service User Complaints
- Directing Service Users to key contacts with support agencies such as the UKVI and Migrant Help.
- Delivering all migrant help appointment details to new service users.
- Identifying special support needs.
- Assist IA supervisor with the provision of information, statistical and otherwise to assist in the smooth running of the IA operations.
- Assisting service users with any issues relating to their property.
- Helping arrange any emergency out of hours repairs or relocations.
- Support the IA Operations Supervisor in the development of IA business plans, budgets and targets, ensuring their implementation to deliver the contract KPI’s.
- Understand and optimise operational effectiveness to ensure that costs are understood and managed where appropriate.
- Use internal systems to record information.
- To maintain accurate data on all service users and properties in order to ensure contractual compliance.
- Ensure 100% accuracy on IT Systems to manage contractual obligations.
- Develop and maintain good relations with police, support agencies and local authorities.
- Liaise with these contacts where required to fulfil agreed protocols and to support Service User move on & move out arrangements.
Landlords / Hand backs
- Working with the Accommodation Procurement / Development Manager arrange for suitable hand back of the property to the landlord. Ensure dilapidation obligations are met.
- Liaise with Landlords where required.
D = Desirable E = Essential
- Has worked for either an accommodation or customer service business previously (D)
- Previous experience working with asylum seekers or similar environment (D)
- Previous experience of Budget/Cost Management (D)
- Previous experience of working within a target driven environment (E)
- Good understanding of Asylum Seekers support needs (D)
- Understanding of statutory certification requirements for property (D)
- Fully proficient in Microsoft Office
- Multi-lingual – able to translate/speak in language other than English (D)
- Able to work on own initiative within defined guidelines (E)
- Ability to produce clear, concise and objectively written paperwork and reports (E)
- Full UK driving License and access to a car (E)
- Orchard and Shipman is an Equal Opportunities employer. Staff are expected to comply to the relevant Equal Opportunities policies and procedures (E)
- Any offer of employment for this post will be subject to successful Disclosure Scotland, Baseline Standard Verification Record and Counter Terrorism checks which are required by UKVI. (E)
If this sounds like your perfect job, then please apply now. If successful we can
- 25 days (22 + 3 for Christmas)
- Birthday day off
- 1 additional day per complete calendar year of service up to a maximum of 5
- 8 statutory bank holidays
- Auto-enrolment Pension Scheme (subject to eligibility criteria and following 3 months in service)
- Life Insurance (all employees)
- Employee Assistance Programme (all employees)
- Child Care Vouchers (following 3 months in service)
- Cycle to Work Scheme (following 3 months in service)
- MyWorkOffers (all employees)
If you believe that you have the knowledge, skills and experience we require and you’re up for the challenge we would love to hear from you!
Please apply by submitting your CV.
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist