Vacancy posted: Thursday, 22 September 2016
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a company with an enviable reputation who are working closely with blue chip clients in the Water, Power, Rail, Aviation, Highways, Environmental, Nuclear, Pharmaceutical and Energy sectors.
We are seeking a Client Project Manager to support the various teams in Scotland for the successful delivery of projects within their sector.
• Supporting the Project Sponsor or client in the development of the business case, defining the project scope, benefits, and objectives
• Planning and defining the project scope necessary to meet the project objectives
• Planning and sequencing activities required to deliver the project scope and developing the project schedule
• Developing Resource Plans and ensuring each Project Team member's full involvement during the development of the project
• Establishing the cost estimate for the project in line with the budget expectations including setting an appropriate level of risk provision or contingency
• Assessing project risks and the development of response and mitigation actions
• Developing project management documentation necessary to achieve funding approval and communication of the project plans to those involved in the project, including upkeep of the Project Files, meetings records and correspondence, and maintaining the Project Controls information
• Leading and motivating the project team to achieve the project objectives, managing conflict and day to day welfare and performance of the Project Implementation Team members.
• Co-ordinating, scheduling and reporting of activities related to stakeholder management, benefits management, business change management and project communications as agreed with the Project Sponsor.
• Co-ordinating activities related to the application for approvals, consents and regulatory requirements
• Ensuring that all appropriate technical standards are applied during the project implementation
• Monitoring, controlling and reporting on project progress including providing regular, timely, accurate, progress reports, cash flow and cost of completion forecasts to the Project Sponsor
• Co-ordinating design reviews and approvals between owner and contractors
• Ensuring safety, security and environmental aspects of the project are clearly understood and adhered to, including ensuring the project is compliant with CDM regulations and other application health and safety legislation
• Defining the contract strategy, the selection and coordination of contractors and suppliers and ensuring that the execution of the project is in accordance with contract and the job specification
• Recording keeping of works undertaken and working with asset managers to ensure accurate as built records including health and safety information are created
What they are looking for in you:
• Relevant degree and membership of relevant professional institutes / bodies
• Competent in the use of the Microsoft suite of products
• Strong knowledge of best practice project management methods and techniques
• Experience in civils/building and/or Mechanical and Electrical project delivery
• Up to date HSEQ knowledge and experience
• Good Commercial Management and financial management skills
• APM, chartered surveyor or chartered Engineer
• NEC3 contract familiarity
• Ability to engage with stakeholders
• Ability to work independently
• Track record of successful project delivery
In return the right candidate will be offered the opportunity to progress their career as their experience grows. You will also get a dynamic and challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working climate, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role.
You will have a great deal of responsibility with the opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.
The company offer a fantastic working environment and a host of excellent benefits including:
• For some levels, PMI and Income Protection is paid for
• Highly competitive salary
• Annual holiday allowance, plus the option to buy and sell
• One of the best contributory pensions in the industry, Pension matched to 8%
• Interest free Season Ticket Loan
• Flexible Benefits Allowance, with the option of spending this on:
• Private healthcare
• Cycle to work scheme
• Childcare vouchers
• Lots more!
• Annual Professional Subscription Paid
• Life Assurance
• Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
• Long Term Service Awards
• Discretionary Bonus
• Refer a Friend Scheme that rewards you for every successful introduction you make
• Opportunity to invest in the company staff discounted share scheme
If you have the relevant experience and necessary skills, then please apply to Fiona Lynn.
Contract Scotland offers both the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
We can only deal with applications from Candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are current UK residents.
We are committed to equal opportunities and diversity for our employees, temporary workers and work seekers. Individuals are only assessed on their individual merits and suitability to a position irrespective of race, gender, disability, age, faith or sexual orientation.
Job Reference: J11122
Closing Date: 28 September 2016
About Contract Scotland
Founded in 1990, Contract Scotland is the longest established construction recruiter in Scotland. We supply staff to the Scottish construction industry on a temporary and permanent basis, we are recognised as trusted market leaders providing the highest quality service based on honesty and transparency. All our Consultants are salaried professionals, not working on heavily incentivised commission schemes and are put through the rigorous internal and external training to ensure you receive a personalised and truly consultative service . There is no candidate ownership on our company and we are measured on our ability to find you the right job.
|Contact Name||Contract Scotland|
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist