Vacancy posted: Monday, 17 October 2016
Reporting to the Director and Civils Director, you will lead the Civils team in the Glasgow office. There will be a large element of Business Development within this role which will include pursuing new opportunities, work-winning and proactively developing client relationships.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Act as Project Director/Manager as necessary, with a responsibility for delivering projects within timescale, budget constraints and quality expectations.
• Manage the workload, including the technical and commercial management, of an experienced team of civil/ infrastructure engineers.
• Supervising staff under your direction and offering proactive advice in relation to problem solving issues.
• Work with private and public sector clients, architects, planners and other property professionals throughout the development life cycle; providing services from site feasibility through to project completion.
• Promotion business to existing and prospective clients.
• Establishing new clients and developing existing client relationships through excellent project delivery and repeat business.
• Assisting with identifying leads and participating in converting them into confirmed work.
• Identify and respond to opportunities, prepare fee proposals for submission to clients, including resourcing and programming of workload.
• Assist in the development and implementation of business strategies.
• Undertake Health & Safety duties including ensuring a safe and healthy working environment for the project team members and fulfilling all responsibilities for health and safety in design.
• Set up projects on the Patrick Parsons system and allocate budgets to work stages, manage project finances and client interaction.
• Undertaking project coordination and representing the company at consultants meeting etc.
• Design and design documentation reviews.
• Co-ordinate the timely and correct issuing of invoices Develop staff and assist in training and mentoring with a particular focus on assisting staff to gain professional accreditation.
• Actively participating in developing the UK practice including technical excellence, culture, procedures, professional development and continuous improvement.
Experience / Skills you will need to be successful in this role.
• A solid understanding and vast experience in the delivery of all infrastructure aspects of projects from both a technical approval and client viewpoint.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with an aptitude for creating and managing client relationships.
• Experience within the house building sector and how it operates will be advantageous.
• Technical understanding of the use of PDS and Micro Drainage.
• Knowledge of all approval processes including RCC, Section 56, SEPA and Scottish Water requirements.
• Enjoys interacting with clients and personnel at all levels and getting involved to get a task done.
• Proven experience in a Management role.
• Financial & risk awareness to the Business.
• A good reputation in the local market place and a number of clients who respect their work and want to work with them, as well as a well-developed network of professional contacts.
• Ability to introduce new work and clients into the business would be an advantage.
You will also have:
• Bachelor of Engineering - Civil, Structural or equivalent
• Chartered status with ICE, IStructE or equivalent (desirable)
• Relevant engineering and project management experience in the industry
• Experience in successfully seeing significant projects through from inception to completion
• Demonstrated experience in work winning and client management
• Proven delegation and negotiating skills
• Ability to collaborate and influence other design team members and clients in the design process
• Demonstrated understanding of financial management
• The right attitude and cultural fit for the organisation
Contract Scotland offers both the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
We can only deal with applications from Candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are current UK residents.
We are committed to equal opportunities and diversity for our employees, temporary workers and work seekers. Individuals are only assessed on their individual merits and suitability to a position irrespective of race, gender, disability, age, faith or sexual orientation.
Job Reference: J11296
Closing Date: 23 October 2016
About Contract Scotland
Founded in 1990, Contract Scotland is the longest established construction recruiter in Scotland. We supply staff to the Scottish construction industry on a temporary and permanent basis, we are recognised as trusted market leaders providing the highest quality service based on honesty and transparency. All our Consultants are salaried professionals, not working on heavily incentivised commission schemes and are put through the rigorous internal and external training to ensure you receive a personalised and truly consultative service . There is no candidate ownership on our company and we are measured on our ability to find you the right job.
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist