Contracts ManagerVacancy posted: Monday, 3 October 2016
Salary: £40,000 Subject to Experience
Closing date: 30 December 2016
Contracts Manager . Contracts manager who must have experience of working with both Commercial and Domestic for our larger Projects / Larger Bau working out of the Scottish office salary circa 40 k dependant on experience.
We are looking for a Contracts Manager, based out of the Scotland office. Working for a Building Contractor who specialize in private domestic property insurance repairs and commercial office refurbishment you will be responsible for scoping and estimating repair works (or checking pre-scoped works) then requesting tradesmen and subcontractors and reporting into the project manager.
Working as part of the team, you will be responsible for overseeing a caseload of insurance repair works and larger commercial (£15`000.00 – upwards to circa £250`000.00).
Job role and responsibilities
Working as part of a repairs team as the Contracts Manager/Insurance Surveyor you will have the following responsibilities (with admin support from the offices in Leeds and Scotland):
• Ensuring an excellent customer service when visiting clients homes
• Producing accurate estimation of repairs ensuring each job is scoped correctly and fully costed for scheduling to the trades team and sub-contractors
• Checking scopes that have been carried out already and revising where necessary
• Loading details onto the relevant client system and booking in the relevant trades (direct labour or from approved sub-contractor list)
• Raising variations where necessary
• Making sure clients are kept up to date on the progress of the works
• Checking progress of works
• Sometime will also be spent in the office dealing with the relevant contract administration and providing support/guidance to the office team.
What skills/experience will you need?
For this Contracts Manager role you will need to have a proven track record of producing accurate scope of works on private domestic properties repairs and larger commercial works (ideally validating insurance claims). You will need an excellent knowledge of trades and relevant costs within this industry and be able to understand/interpret and produce an accurate schedule of works.
Excellent customer service, organisational and PC skills (Symbility experience would be ideal) are required along with an understanding of the SLA’s required with an insurance repairs project. You should be prepared to spend sometime in the office as well as out on the field.
You will receive a mileage rate/or company vehicle and the equipment required to carry out the role.
If you think you have the relevant experience for these Contracts Manager/Insurance Surveyor roles please apply by emailing your CV to:
We may not always be able to reply to every applicant due to the volume of CVs received so if you have not received a call within 15 working days please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion. However, we may keep your CV on file in case we have a more suitable position in the future.
Industry Construction and Insurance
Employment type Full-time
|Contact Name||Lauren Raynor-Dixon|
|Address||Unit 1 Murraysgate Industrial Estate
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist