Assistant Site ManagerVacancy posted: Tuesday, 27 September 2016
Salary: £competitive + car + bonus + bens
Closing date: 29 October 2016
Full Time – Assistant Site Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for experienced Assistant Site Managers to join our busy construction teams in East and West Scotland.
The main purpose of the role is to support in the implementation and Management of the onsite construction and customer service functions within our unique developments, whilst ensuring the effective compliance, control and deployment of the construction and onsite customer service activities to the required Avant Homes quality standards.
To be considered you must be:-
Currently employed as an Assistant Site Manager with a minimum of 12 months onsite experience who is looking for the next move in their Construction career
- To assist in the management of the development to maintain and deliver its build programme, in accordance with budgets/forecast/cash flow, reporting any variance in expenditure to the Site/ Contracts/ Area Construction Manager and commercial team
- Assist in the process of determining and agreeing development build activities, which are technically sound, safe, economic and meet pre-determined construction and customer service quality standards, identifying and managing performance problems
- Assist in the management and effective supervision of all onsite labour and sub contract activities, ensuring the provision of adequate information and compliance with pre-determined quality and health and safety standards
- Actively manage communications and operational interfaces with customers, internal and external stakeholders to achieve the Regional business plan
- Assist in managing the working partnerships with Housing Associations, third party providers and sub-contractors to ensure that all contractual terms are met
- Assist in supporting the effective management of the development, promoting a customer focused culture and a ‘right first time’ approach to activities
- Deputise for the Site Manager as and when required
- Assist in the management of site waste in accordance with Group policies and processes
- Assist in the preparation of key status reports and updates on KPIs relating to the development
- Assist in ensuring that the Company maximises its compliance with Group product, specification and deals
- Assist in promoting community engagement on your development.
Key Duties and Requirements
- 12-18 months previous Assistant Site Management experience
- Proven success of delivering projects to standard with a previous working experience on large developments
- Experience of running part of a development individually
- Relevant qualification or good understanding of construction
- Basic Commercial awareness
- Good knowledge of construction method and processes
- Good knowledge of Customer Service requirements
- Good awareness of codes of practice that impact on construction matters e.g. NHBC, Building Regs etc.
- Good knowledge of Construction Design Management Regulations
Who are we looking for?
As well as being able to demonstrate your experience within Assistant Site Management, you must also possess an aptitude to combine strong organisational and communication skills with the ability to relate to all levels of staff and stakeholders, whilst also maintaining a keen desire to work in a quality driven business.
A ‘Can Do’ attitude is vital as you will be presented to the business and potential consumers as a direct representative of the wider Construction team and regional business.
The ideal candidate will also convey a flexible attitude in relation to business needs.
About Avant Homes (Scotland) Limited
Avant Homes is one of the UK's leading privately-owned housebuilders. Our homes have established a reputation for innovative design and specification. Last year we built over 1,100 homes, from Dundee to Milton Keynes, and we have no intention of stopping there. In fact, our aim is to become the home builder of choice.
Operating in Scotland, the North East of England, Yorkshire and the Midlands, we have offices in each of those regions and employ over 530 people.
As a progressive, responsible homebuilder, we have a commitment to the communities we build in, and the people that live within them. As such, our focus is firmly on quality, attention to detail and the local area.
By benchmarking ourselves against other leading companies and comparing our approach with theirs, we know we're better than the rest.
We are Avant Homes.
And we're leading the way.
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist