Quantity SurveyorVacancy posted: Friday, 16 September 2016
Closing date: 30 September 2016
Job ref. no.: 910683
910683 - Quantity Surveyor
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Quantity Surveyor, based in Bathgate, UK.
Due to our clients continued success we are currently recruiting for an experienced QS to manage a number of innovative and challenging projects including water and waste water treatment projects.
Operating in the Civils and Water sectors on a national basis, will be able to coordinate and oversee winning new business, exploring new avenues of activity and seeking new opportunities for the company to develop and grow.
Candidates must have strong commercial awareness, strong client liaison skills, project management and team leadership, along with extensive understanding of the construction industry.
- This role will involve coordinating and overseeing a range of construction projects for a wide variety of clients.
- All of whom will have exacting expectations and requirements by leading and managing all commercial aspects of the projects.
- It will also involve monitoring project deliveries on behalf of the company.
- The role will also require the candidate to be able to prepare final account, cash flow forecasts, monthly interim accounts and develop and monitor cost reports.
- Manage the commercial and contractual relationship with our clients and their consultants ensuring all contract requirements are met and client's expectations are exceeded.
- Extensive client liaison.
- Own and manage the relationship with clients and consultants.
- Develop a close collaborative working relationship with clients and their support consultants and staff manage the delivery of all construction projects ensuring best practice in terms of quality, safety and program.
- Implement change where required in order to continually improve the delivery of services.
- Ensure market leading after sales service is delivered to all clients.
Skills and Experience
- Substantial experience in the civil engineering sector with a civil engineering or quantity surveying 3rd level degree.
- Strong commercial management ability/awareness, client liaison skills, project management skills and team leadership skills.
- Experience in multiple forms of contract.
- Posses membership of a recognised international professional body.
This is a permanent position.
The salary for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 910683.
|Contact Name||Ainslie Torrance|
|Telephone||0141 892 6555|
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist