Graduate/Assistant Quantity Surveyor – Civil EngineeringVacancy posted: Tuesday, 18 October 2016
Salary: £20k-£30k + Package
Job ref. no.: UK749611
I am recruiting for a renowned and reputable civil contractor based in Dundee. My client is a highly regarded Civils contractor with an excellent track record of personnel development. The role is for an assistant or trainee quantity surveyor for their already established and successful commercial team. The role will be working closely with the managing quantity surveyor managing the commercial processes of heavy civil engineering projects.
The role has come about due to a significant amount of contracts won within 2016 and a strong succession planning strategy within the business. This opportunity would suit any ambitious, successful quantity surveyor graduate wanting to have a strong career within the civil industry.
The role will be working on a variety of projects including bulk earthworks, drainage, roadworks, foundations, storm water attenuation, retaining structures and hard landscaping. Experienced trainee surveyors looking to make the step up to assistant quantity surveyor will also be considered with an increased package. Graduate and undergraduate quantity surveyors will also suit this organisations structure.
- Provide taking off and bill of quantities preparation.
- Working to NEC3 forms of contract
- Preparation of interim applications.
- Identify and prepare additional items and claims.
- Preparation and agreement of final accounts.
- Advice on procurement issues.
- Preparation of Sub-Contract enquiry packages, subsequent analysis of returned quotes prior to agreement of terms and conditions and placement of order
- Measurement and valuation of sub-contract work
- Preparation and negotiation of sub-contractors final accounts.
- Preparation of internal cost and value financial reporting and forecasting.
- Assist in cost and risk management.
- Document control and archiving.
- Provide site management with commercial support and advice
To apply, please contact myself.
Sean Whyte at our Edinburgh Office or apply via the link below.
Please note you will receive an automated response advising you that we have received your CV.
Hudson is a leading provider of permanent recruitment, contract professionals and talent management solutions worldwide.
|Contact Name||Sean Whyte|
|Telephone||0131 555 9853|
19a Canning Street
Hudson Construction & Property is a team of specialist recruitment consultants within Hudson - a global talent solutions company. We help transform the workplace and unleash the full potential of organisations and individuals. Whether you're actively looking for your next job within Construction & Property or just considering your options, we're here to help.Company profile View all jobs with Hudson Construction & Property
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist